GDT: GDT #21 New York Islanders @ New Jersey Devils | The Dawn of the Mike Reilly Era | November 28th | 7 PM | F/5-4 L

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Well I swear I think a few posters here could've had more success than the all-star trio of wang/snow/capuano, so saying Lou was better than the previous regime means little to nothing.

That said, we can debate whether or not Trotz would've have come here without Lou as GM, but either way Trotz, and not Lou, was the #1 reason we had the success we did those 1st 3 years under Lou (in case you thought Lane is just having "bad luck"). Let's remember that team was 90% snow's roster (and is still over 50% his) so we can't give Lou too much/really any credit in terms of roster building.

But yes...His time is done now, and the sooner Malkin addresses this the sooner we can start fixing things and get back on track.
Lou deserves some credit for credibility, having a guy in charge that is respected. It helped lead them up of the Tavares mess. I agree it’s Trotz also who deserves as much credit also. It’s time for change for sure, I’m curious if they go young and upcoming or a veteran retread guy as GM.

Reactions: periferal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Maybe he’s just letting the hockey guy run the hockey thing and wants stability while he does the rest of his enterprise? Maybe he’s NOT a reactionary fan.

He’ll make a move when he sees the decline in financials or absolute apathy from the players. Lou will go out respectfully vs. tossed out like people want him to.
Then don’t throw shade at Isles fans when they talk with their wallets and stay away from their brand new arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad