GDT: GDT #20 Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Islanders | November 25th | 7:30 PM | F/1-0 SO/L

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Yet they aren’t
They hired a coach and he brought a staff with him. I believe those players showed for camp this year with no ambiguity regarding expectations.

Barzal on a 3 game road to nowhere. He is an absolute mess unfortunately with an occasional moments of clarity. Need him to play like a star.

Holmstrom and the Nelson line continue to impress. Palms maybe deserved at least one more shift in OT?

Poor JGP. No reward for his work.

I guess the plan for Gauthier was to make sure he got a shift with less than three minutes left in the zero-zero game. Idiots. I'm not a huge Fasching fan but why take him out for this game? He played well enough in Ottawa and in the previous Flyer game. They obviously think he is a better player. So why?

Lambert continues to reap the reward of not developing the young defenseman. Bolduc played without a lot of confidence. Salo will be elsewhere I assume next year. Not saying these guys are top paring candidates but having young guys sit for weeks or in Salo's case months, doesn't help us.

Mike Sullivan is a good coach. The Pens had a very obvious strategy against TOR last night. Can't say we had a plan for a team we played four days ago.

Sorokin did his thing last night. While defenseman 5/6 weren't stellar, adding some physicality didn't hurt. Interested in people's opinion of Wahlstrom-

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
25 shots on Ersson who came into the game with a sub .900 save percentage is unacceptable.

Why can’t they learn to tweak their philosophy on the fly? You’re playing on a back to back down two of your top six defensemen, what do you have to lose?

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Just another poor effort by a poorly coached team.

The PK is a prime example, the Flyers PK out shot our PP last night because they are aggressive and force the PP to make quick decisions and passes. Our PK sits back to allow shots from the outside and hope our goalie saves it without it getting deflected or leaving a rebound.

Barzal and Horvat are terrible together. It has been 20 games and Lame refuses to split them up. They are both extremely flawed players and Horvat was a horrible trade and sign but Lame refuses to try anything.

Lou Must Go!!

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Just another poor effort by a poorly coached team.

The PK is a prime example, the Flyers PK out shot our PP last night because they are aggressive and force the PP to make quick decisions and passes. Our PK sits back to allow shots from the outside and hope our goalie saves it without it getting deflected or leaving a rebound.

Barzal and Horvat are terrible together. It has been 20 games and Lame refuses to split them up. They are both extremely flawed players and Horvat was a horrible trade and sign but Lame refuses to try anything.

Lou Must Go!!
I’d put Lee back on the top line and put Holmstrom with Pageau in hopes that he might get him going. Holmstrom and Pageau look to have some chemistry.

I really don’t know what to do with Barzal He looks lost. Plays without purpose or any kind of plan or predictability. He’s got so much skill but just can’t seem to be effective. Someone needs to get to him to simplify his game. How many years is Lou going to let the top line under perform with Barzal as the Center piece.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Sheesh…How do you go 4 shooters deep in the SO and not send your top goal-scorer (by a country-mile) as an option ?:huh:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I’d put Lee back on the top line and put Holmstrom with Pageau in hopes that he might get him going. Holmstrom and Pageau look to have some chemistry.

I really don’t know what to do with Barzal He looks lost. Plays without purpose or any kind of plan or predictability. He’s got so much skill but just can’t seem to be effective. Someone needs to get to him to simplify his game. How many years is Lou going to let the top line under perform with Barzal as the Center piece.
Because Lambert is trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Barzal is a center, but he’s been forced to play wing because they want him with Horvat. The game that Horvat was out and Barzal played center, he was all over the place and creating chances. Granted it may have just been a good night because unfortunately, Barzal disappears for stretches

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
It's mind boggling that all the years everone cried about getting a goal scorer, a pure sniper, a Panarin, next to Barzal and all we got is another center in Bo Horvat. We are not small at center having Barzal, Nelson, Cizikas and Pageau (he's still usable for face offs), but our wings are either old declining like Lee or with low ceiling like Wahlstrom; Fasching or just comlimentary players like Engvall, Palmieri

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It's mind boggling that all the years everone cried about getting a goal scorer, a pure sniper, a Panarin, next to Barzal and all we got is another center in Bo Horvat. We are not small at center having Barzal, Nelson, Cizikas and Pageau (he's still usable for face offs), but our wings are either old declining like Lee or with low ceiling like Wahlstrom; Fasching or just comlimentary players like Engvall, Palmieri
Because how many snipers are there in the league? How many have been signed as UFAs? Traded for? That pool is very, very small.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I am tired of players trying to pick corners...how about drive the net, shoot it at the pads and get the rebound?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Then you would hear a bunch of complaints about why they aren't trying to shoot around the goaltender after hitting him in the crest a few too many times lol
Good goaltenders don't give up big rebounds. Watch the number of one and dones if shooters tried for hitting the goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad