GDT: GDT #19 New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators | November 24th | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 W

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
We manage to win tomorrow against Philly, next year’s first is gone by the time we drop the puck in NJ Tues
To CGY in a package for Hanifin. Lou signs Kane for 2-3 years as Kane is apparently looking for term and Parise signs after.the New Year. All part of Lou's Master f*** It I'm All In Plan

Reactions: xECK29x

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
To CGY in a package for Hanifin. Lou signs Kane for 2-3 years as Kane is apparently looking for term and Parise signs after.the New Year. All part of Lou's Master f*** It I'm All In Plan
And we go all in because screw it, i'll take my shot against the Rangers

Reactions: NYI365

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Crazy how a week or so makes a huge difference. Carolina getting pumped 7-2 against Tampa, they're not roaring on all cylinders. PIT mediocre, NJ really struggling lately. WSH really gonna be this good all year? PHI cooling down. Besides the NYR the Metro looks like a wildcards paradise this year.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
3 game win streak and 5 game point streak... what a difference being in Calgary made LOL.... This was an impressive with the 4 dmen for sure.

Wahlstrom is going to breakout (if not injured). He got to a lot of pucks, had 2 points on the night had that great pass to Pageau, it is happening.

To me the weakness on the night if there was one was Clutter, just seemed slower, and possibly why our PK has been off this year.

Guess Lambert is here for now with this run. Romanov's best game of the year for him.

Butch is just showing age. He is consistently coaching from the booth which is irritating, time to promote the Mouse and put the stoner next to Sharon.

At this rate Drew Doughty will be a color man for us, with Butch, Mouse and Stoner being ex Kings.

Dare I say good coaching?
Well the other team has a resident of Bedrock on their bench, so outcoaching maybe?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Oh look another win. This team ain’t for the faint of heart.

Win ugly, stack points, sneak in the dance and try to make noise.

You can hate the approach (I kinda do) but you can’t knock the hustle. LGI!

Edit - just read back in the GDT, Pelech hurt? That ain’t good at all. Feels like he gets hurt in December every season and he we have to simply stay afloat in Jan/Feb.

Last edited:
Reactions: chico19341

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Just win the damn games man. Thats what we gotta do. If it means losing the future, i'd rather go on a run now than never.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yeah, Pelech out again. I think he's not allowing his original injury to heal. Even when he came back he looked like he was nursing; which honestly may be a good thing b/c he was over playing before that injury. It can never be completely going well in Islander country. As for Aho, well, he's better than Bolduc.

The coverage on those two quick Ottawa goals were not-Trotz. Fear these wins buy Lane more time.

As noted, Wahlstrom looked very good; I hope he's not injured after that hit. In 1.5 periods Barzal looked good. Owned the offensive zone, Ottawa gave him space, and he attacked.

Romy and Dobson stepped up.

I'm still not a fan of Lane, 4 games don't convince me.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Yeah, Pelech out again. I think he's not allowing his original injury to heal. Even when he came back he looked like he was nursing; which honestly may be a good thing b/c he was over playing before that injury. It can never be completely going well in Islander country. As for Aho, well, he's better than Bolduc.

The coverage on those two quick Ottawa goals were not-Trotz. Fear these wins buy Lane more time.

As noted, Wahlstrom looked very good; I hope he's not injured after that hit. In 1.5 periods Barzal looked good. Owned the offensive zone, Ottawa gave him space, and he attacked.

Romy and Dobson stepped up.

I'm still not a fan of Lane, 4 games don't convince me.
Lane is getting bailed out by the 2nd line btw

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Lane is getting bailed out by the 2nd line btw

Tonight, all top 3 lines produced.

A few ideas:

LL doesn't have alternatives.

Assessing how things play out.

4 game winning streak; which could be the worst thing for this team right now.

Now he has injuries, doesn't want too much turnover (moving forward).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Crazy how a week or so makes a huge difference. Carolina getting pumped 7-2 against Tampa, they're not roaring on all cylinders. PIT mediocre, NJ really struggling lately. WSH really gonna be this good all year? PHI cooling down. Besides the NYR the Metro looks like a wildcards paradise this year.
It's mostly a great big sea of mediocrity in the NHL these days. We're ahead of the rising juggernaut Devs and BUF, so we must be doing great, right? ;)

Reactions: Throttle

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
This is a game that they won. Please god can Pelech not be out long term

I watched the replay and it does not look good. Pelech yelled out the moment he got the Wrist/Forearm crunched. He turned back towards the Checker and got his left arm wedged between the Hit and the Glass/Boards...

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I like Holmstrom - that being said, he has 5 points in 18 games. 0 assists. He’s been a nice addition in some areas but too many people were expecting MDC part 2 and might be over inflating his contributions.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I like Holmstrom - that being said, he has 5 points in 18 games. 0 assists. He’s been a nice addition in some areas but too many people were expecting MDC part 2 and might be over inflating his contributions.
People love to talk about pace here. Holmstrom's on a pace for 20 goals and 20 points. What's so bad?:sarcasm:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

How? The suggestion was that he is very good with his stick defensively. Most people who are positive on him, are so because they’ve seen a legitimate professional player from the beginning.

No one is really placing expectations on him. A player doesn’t have to become a top producer for genuine hockey fans to appreciate their development.

I’d be more than happy if he only topped out as some bottom-sixer in the mold of Patrick Flatley/Tom Fitzgerald.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
How? The suggestion was that he is very good with his stick defensively. Most people who are positive on him, are so because they’ve seen a legitimate professional player from the beginning.

No one is really placing expectations on him. A player doesn’t have to become a top producer for genuine hockey fans to appreciate their development.

I’d be more than happy if he only topped out as some bottom-sixer in the mold of Patrick Flatley/Tom Fitzgerald.
Holmstrom is already miles ahead of MDC ever was in my book simply due to his superior skating and defensive prowess. And I was high on MDC and bummed he didn't pan out.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

I'm not sure why some people are only seeing a bottom-sixer in him.

It's 18 games into his rookie season and he's pacing 23 goals.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not sure why some people are only seeing a bottom-sixer in him.

It's 18 games into his rookie season and he's pacing 23 goals.
To be clear, I meant he's a bottom-sixer at minimum. But considering some of the comments about him, going back to last year... it just isn't worthwhile to suggest a possible ceiling.

Regardless, cautious optimism with any prospect is also my general rule of thumb anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad