GDT: GDT #18 Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Islanders | Stay Home if You Are Going to Boo | Clutters 1000th | November 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 W

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Barely beating the flyers. Isles stuck on a treadmill. Time to dismantle and get some draft picks.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Nelson line and Mayfield help Sorokin win a game.

Order of defensive incompetence:
Aho effing awful
Dobson just so bad low in our zone
Barzal floating like a dead fish on top of the tank

Poor JPG. A couple of really good chances.
Engvall continues his steady play
Wally really struggling to get up the ice

Reactions: xECK29x

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
At this point i think we know that putting out the fourth line so often no longer works.
Other teams dominating them.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Great win.

Flyers as one of the best teams in the NHL the past few weeks, have been playing extremely well. Isles found a way to execute enough for a game that was played in the mud… something they would have thrived at three years ago.

But what this means for the path the Isles should take with team building going forward… can be discussed in other threads I suppose.

As for tonight…

I really appreciated Engvall’s game.

Pageau played well positionally, but is still fighting the puck.

Wahlstrom had one of his better games.

Barzal had a great play taking a hit to spring an odd man rush. But other than that, he needed to realize that this particular game required more simplification with north/south direction.

Last edited:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
He seemed to find his game last year in second half, I don’t think he has best fit of linemates right now either. I don’t know how much he has left for whatever reason, he’s little guy who plays a much larger game and perhaps that is catching up to him.
Agree. He seemed equally atrocious with his puck handling early last year. Also agree with the possibility that he may just be wearing down due to his physical build and playing style.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
“It’s not a penalty when you’re down a goal”
NHL referees watching a boarding occur because they’re managing the game

NHL referees are really all horrible people who deserve to have their floors lined with Lego bricks
I was at the game, and it was pretty clear that they were trying to get this game over as quickly as possible.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Stress free win?

Isles need to stop letting off the gas when they're up 3-1. It happens way too often. Sorokin was Sorokin yesterday, and credit to the Flyers, they were very agitating to play against. If we wanna get back into the playoff picture, lets beat the Senators and Flyers again. This team is too talented to miss the dance, even if Lambert has been downright terrible.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The game was a carbon copy of 95% of the games this season, except Flyers didn’t get da bounces to tie and win in OT
The Flyers are a mirror image of the Islanders. The only difference is Ilya Sorokin was on top of his game and Carter Hart just can't match that when Sorokin is on.

I don't think the Flyers have an aggressive enough forecheck or move the puck fast enough to get the Isles back on their heels. That's why the game seemed so even to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad