Injury Report: Gauthier out 6 months

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leo is a very grey-area player.And quite frankly if Leo did anything like Dotchin did I'd want him off the Leafs. I don't have time for players like that. But I don't think i've ever seen Leo do anything that has injured several players, including 2+ players missing significant time.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Leo is a very grey-area player.And quite frankly if Leo did anything like Dotchin did I'd want him off the Leafs. I don't have time for players like that. But I don't think i've ever seen Leo do anything that has injured several players, including 2+ players missing significant time.

Agreed. Leo muddy's the waters a lot but he's not a dirtbag - he's a pest - there's a huge difference. That being said I didn't like his headshot on McDonough at all.

There is no need for fans to embrace such hypocrisy and endorse their team's dirtbag players actions like Dotchin. Get this crap outa hockey for good.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not meant to be a condemnation just an observation: Nazem Kadri crosses the line way more often than Leo Komarov ever does. Why are we talking about Komarov who clearly knows how to toe the line between pest and dangerous menace? Because 1 ignorant Bolts' fan mentioned him?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Not meant to be a condemnation just an observation: Nazem Kadri crosses the line way more often than Leo Komarov ever does. Why are we talking about Komarov who clearly knows how to toe the line between pest and dangerous menace? Because 1 ignorant Bolts' fan mentioned him?

Yeah Kadri's the Leaf that needs to watch himself. Leo has a pretty good handle on where the line is and dances on it I think.

I love both players' in-your-face attitude, but I think Kadri gets too fired up. Uncle Leo is cool as a cucumber.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Isn't that nice.
6 months for Fred. 3 games for Dotchin. :shakehead
I know the league doesn't have the nerve to suspend a dirty ******* for a serious amount of time...but this is pathetic. Just go and tell players it's fine to injure someone for half a year. You'll barely miss any time yourself.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Dotchin gets three games for hit on Gauthier

http://www.tsn.ca/dotchin-gets-three-games-for-hit-on-gauthier-1.746661

Syracuse Crunch forward has a received a three-game suspension from the American Hockey League for an interference incident on Toronto Marlies forward

Gauthier underwent lower-body surgery as a result of the incident, which occurred in the second period of Game 2, and will miss up to six months. Dotchin received a major penalty and a game misconduct for interference on the play.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I know the league doesn't have the nerve to suspend a dirty ******* for a serious amount of time...but this is pathetic. Just go and tell players it's fine to injure someone for half a year. You'll barely miss any time yourself.

They do but you have to hurt a lot of people working your way up to Raffi Torres level.
Let's see how his play translates to the NHL. Tampa fans laughing at us now will scream bloody murder if it happened to them. So will the other fanbases.
All we can hope is this suspension follows him in the future.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Same guy that.. Took out Kappy. Knee on knee with Matthews. People said it was all an accident. Stevie Y sanctioned psychopath on skates. Guess green light to all psychos that TB players are fair game.

TB should essentially black ball him. This guy does not deserve to play the sport at this point. Marchand knew what he was doing when he speared this psycho.

Piece of crap players like that don't deserve to make an NHL wage.

Future Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres, minus any semblance of skill

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

pretty much. and this is why i sort of why I get why people don't like "fighting" etc. I don't mind it if it's organic (ie: that Iggy/Viinny fight that happened in the playoffs). because - say someone fed Dotchin their teeth. yay. we feel better, that player felt better and i'm sure Fred is grateful.

but Fred still loses out 6 months of development. He also basically misses out on making the NHL roster. (regardless if he did/did not make it). this could actually impact his career if it doesn't heal properly, due to the way Fred skates.

beating Dotchin up doesn't get any of that back for Freddy.
but boy it would make me feel a lot better.

i don't know the answer at al, but it basically says that. (and for anyone lurking - YES. i say this in regards to Leafs players when they do disgusting stuff like this too it's not a Leaf-fan thing. it's a Hockey-fan thing).

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Stuff like this will continue until the leagues start to offer REAL punishments - nobody cares about missing 1-3 games, but start the penalty at minimum 5-10 games without pay and these rats might start to think twice

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Stuff like this will continue until the leagues start to offer REAL punishments - nobody cares about missing 1-3 games, but start the penalty at minimum 5-10 games without pay and these rats might start to think twice

i'd say 20.
next offense. 41
next offense. a season.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Agreed.

10 games was my thinking here. Get him out of the playoffs. I like the OHL's approach. They routinely hand out much longer suspensions for dirty plays like this.

3 games is better than nothing. At least now he's been suspended which gives the NHL something to work with the next time he deliberately injures a player - which is likely next season.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Agreed.

10 games was my thinking here. Get him out of the playoffs. I like the OHL's approach. They routinely hand out much longer suspensions for dirty plays like this.

3 games is better than nothing. At least now he's been suspended which gives the NHL something to work with the next time he deliberately injures a player - which is likely next season.

Try and the next time he does something like this (and let's face it he will), the punishment will be greater

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Lightning fans on the main boards are completely insufferable. Absolutely refuse to admit that Dotchin has done anything wrong, calling us all babies. Bunch of ****ing duds. :laugh:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Lightning fans on the main boards are completely insufferable. Absolutely refuse to admit that Dotchin has done anything wrong, calling us all babies. Bunch of ****ing duds. :laugh:

I said it yesterday. I am actually embarrassed for them at this point. Like as a whole I am not sure I have actually seen a single Tampa fan just step up and admit that it was a gutless play, at every turn they are bringing up something with zero relevance to try and excuse it or just actually seem to be happy that it happened.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Ya but when you encounter a kid repeating "I know you are but what am I" you just ignore them.

The AHL responded with a suspension which was the obvious correct thing in this case. The refs will have an eye on "Dirtbag Dotchin" at all times going forward in these playoffs. Best thing for the league is for the Marlies to eliminate the Crunchies and get this guy off the ice once and for all this season.

Sheldon Keefe has work to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad