Value of: Gaudreau to the Sabres

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
If the Sabres are going to target a high end forward on a team going nowhere, what would it cost them to acquire Johnny hockey?

I understand the Blue Jackets would prefer not to rebuild but I don’t see them as a playoff team for a while yet.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If the Sabres are going to target a high end forward on a team going nowhere, what would it cost them to acquire Johnny hockey?

I understand the Blue Jackets would prefer not to rebuild but I don’t see them as a playoff team for a while yet.

Eh, the Jackets have an overflowing pipeline of prospects so in terms of enticing them to make a move, that's not really going to get it done. There is no reason for them to go even younger nor for them to try to push even more prospects into their pipeline.

And then on the Sabres side of things, does another offensively minded, small statured winger move the needle there? I'd say no.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

They have been on rebuild for 10 years now...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Isn't the Sabres prospect pool filled with high skill, modestly sized wings? Why would they trade for Gaudreau?

Sabres need a good coach who installs a disciplined, defensively responsible system. I would image that he would insist that Adams brings in a couple/few players with size, toughness, and the ability to play in such a system. Once that is done, then they can look at getting more offensively skilled players if necessary, but right now they need to learn to walk before they run.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I had really hoped you guys were asking about Freddy Gaudreau from the Wild

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
You want PLD

main-qimg-ec892f445a94cdcb036b5c34aba62e43

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

You need Boone Jenner types not Gaudreau types. (But no, Jenner is not for sale).

The guys that Columbus would want from the Sabres are the exact opposite of what Buffalo should trade.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad