Gartner's Done

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2007/03/20/3788887-cp.html

"I leave with great reservation due to my longstanding involvement with the Players' Association and in light of the current circumstances affecting the union. I am sincerely troubled by the recent revelations and am hopeful that the Association can move forward and be restored to a level of respect worthy of its members.

"These are difficult times for the Association and I feel at this point I can best serve the future of a changing union by stepping aside. I will continue to fully support all efforts to restore the integrity of the NHLPA."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gartner seemed like the only guy there with a head on his shoulders. If you ask some people, he was one of the guys who "saved" the 05-06 season.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
I think it's going to get uglier before it's gets better in the NHLPA, and it's probably a tough decision by Gartner to step aside (whether just for now, or permanently).

Gartner, since he was aligned with Saskin, removing himself certainly lends the appearance of transparency for Block's investigation. I don't question Gartner's integrity or honesty, but this is probably a good move in light of everything that's going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad