Confirmed with Link: Garbutt swapped for Sekac

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Dont expect him to play in the defesnive zone, apparently its not his game.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...k-in-montreal-former-canadien-jiri-sekac-says

It wasn’t all bad (but) I’m not a huge defensive player and I couldn’t play like I wanted to play. I never got a chance to prove what I can do. That’s probably the biggest reason it didn’t work out.â€

Its all offense for him, and he has very hard time putting the puck in the back of the net.

You're twisting his words pretty good.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Didn't Sekac get injured a few months ago? If I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard a poster (maybe on the Ducks board) saying that he hasn't looked nearly as good since his injury. I saw this a few hours ago, but was just thinking that an injury might explain the discrepancy between his play from last year to this year.

You're mixing him up with Silfverberg. Silfverberg took a head shot from Torres, and only started looking like his old self in the last few games.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
I think I did read from some Ducks posters (either here or somewhere else) that the timing of the trade was a little odd to them because Sekac finally looked like he was recovering. He must have had some sort of injury.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think I did read from some Ducks posters (either here or somewhere else) that the timing of the trade was a little odd to them because Sekac finally looked like he was recovering. He must have had some sort of injury.

He looked good in his very last game. It might have been his best during his time with the Ducks. However, he didn't suffer an injury earlier. If he could be the guy that he was in that last game with some consistency, then I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the Hawks.

Any word on why he didn't play, today?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He looked good in his very last game. It might have been his best during his time with the Ducks. However, he didn't suffer an injury earlier. If he could be the guy that he was in that last game with some consistency, then I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the Hawks.

Any word on why he didn't play, today?

likely just cause we played the blues and normally that means a rough and tumble game so dressing Mashinter is likely something would Q do to bolster that side of things....plus he can drop the mittens....without Garbutt only shaw and TOEWS do that....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sekac offers nothing to this team

A very poor man's Viktor Stalberg

Hawks would be best served pulling plug on this experiment IMO and putting him on waivers

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hab fans and Duck fans once made same argument

He's played all of 5 games, and he's actually got a +3.49% CF%Rel in that time, so he's having a positive impact.

Give him time.

Any team that can rationalize playing ****ing Mashinter in the lineup, can surely rationalize giving Sekac a longer look.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Sekac offers nothing to this team

A very poor man's Viktor Stalberg

Hawks would be best served pulling plug on this experiment IMO and putting him on waivers
Probably a good move. Kid shows enough skill with the puck to thoroughly disappoint you when he does nothing remotely useful with it. Frustrating to watch.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Garbutt trade

Not saying Garbutt was a key ingredient, but the Hawks really haven't played well since his trade. Of course, that's coming off a long winning streak, a lot of games, etc.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hab fans and Duck fans once made same argument

What habs fans, I didn't see any saying anything about him as if he was "given up" on... the whole angle was about trying to get more MT type players because who cares about skill, Smith-Pelly has that good old loved grit.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Another bad trade by Bow

it was cap move/flexibility trade, Bowman surely was not trying upgrade team via healthy scratches.

Garbutt 2 seasons (until 2017), one-way contract
Sekac 1 season (expires after this season) two-way contract (can be moved directly to Rockford for 70K AHL salary)

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'd actually like to see Sekac play with some skill players more often. I thought he's been pretty good when he wasn't stapled to Mashinter. He actually had a pretty damn good game vs the Stars.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
it was cap move/flexibility trade, Bowman surely was not trying upgrade team via healthy scratches.

Garbutt 2 seasons (until 2017), one-way contract
Sekac 1 season (expires after this season) two-way contract (can be moved directly to Rockford for 70K AHL salary)
We had been over this. It is one way and he would have to clear waivers to get to AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad