OT: Gaming

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Well I thought I'd start a gaming thread, because we have movie and music threads that do well. This is of course not for NHL 16...

So many big games coming up in the next months. My three favorite franchise Hitman, Fallout and Metal Gear all in a 3 months span and also the next Tomb Raider.

So what are guys looking forward to and what have you been playing recently? After 50 hours of Metal Gear in a week I now have the reflex of wanting to attach a fulton device on every container I see in the streets. :laugh:

095a71e94d0c92830d71fb02b5b49aff.jpg

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I just finished Batman today and damn what a game. Sure you can rush through the main campaign quickly but if you take your time and enjoy all the game has to offer, wow. One of the best PS4 games so far.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I've yet to make the jump to current gen. Each gen I play less and less.

I prefer retro games. That 1977-2000 period + some PS2 games is really where my heart is, game wise. Then PS3, I bought hockey games, baseball games, wrestling games, MGSs and GTAs.

I played Abadox earlier on today, and it's still as hard as ever.

Really want to play the Phantasy Star series, only played the first one.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I've yet to make the jump to current gen. Each gen I play less and less.

I prefer retro games. That 1977-2000 period + some PS2 games is really where my heart is, game wise. Then PS3, I bought hockey games, baseball games, wrestling games, MGSs and GTAs.

I played Abadox earlier on today, and it's still as hard as ever.

Really want to play the Phantasy Star series, only played the first one.
A bunch of the Phantasy Star games (I, II, III, and IV) are on the Sega Classics for PS3, if you still own it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic's_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm really looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Hitman and Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Kinda lukewarm about Fallout 4, mostly because of how Bethesda handle the Fallout universe, but I'll give it a shot for sure, mods tend to be worth it even if the game is so-so. (They should just stick to TES, but that's another debate)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm mostly playing indie games these days on PC. I'm almost 40 and i don't have 80 bucks to spend on a ***** game. Price of games is ridiculous.

Currently playing Deponia. Nice old school adventure game.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm mostly playing indie games these days on PC. I'm almost 40 and i don't have 80 bucks to spend on a ***** game. Price of games is ridiculous.

Just need to watch the sales on Steam. Games are barely playable/enjoyable on Day-1; too bugged, DLCs are annoying, etc. So you just buy the "Ultimate Edition" at 50-75% off 6 months after release. ;)

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Just need to watch the sales on Steam. Games are barely playable/enjoyable on Day-1; too bugged, DLCs are annoying, etc. So you just buy the "Ultimate Edition" at 50-75% off 6 months after release. ;)

Steam sales is where it's at, indeed. I paid a very low amount for Civilization V and all it's add-ons and DLC.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Is your gaming PC any good?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Civilization 5 is where its at.

I've found a mod that allows for 60 different civilizations in a single game. I think the game by default lets you use up to 24 in a game.

Turns take forever and it's VERY busy, AND I'm affraid loading the saves will crash my PC, but I love it. I always play as a random civ and ended up drawing the Buccaneers pirate civ. Meaning I spent A LOT of turns doing nothing on the 2-tiles island that is Jamaica waiting until I got some ships so I could explore the world and then embarkment so I could send some settlers to Cuba, Haiti/Dominican Rep, Puerto Rico etc and have myself a nice little Carribean empire. Also settled Florida.

But the True Starting Location thing didn't work so good, perhaps because it's so crowded: I ended up starting in the right place, but I've got Arabia, the Ottomans, Carthage and Byzantium as neighbors in Central & South America. And Brazil in the right spot. EDIT: OHHHHHH, Genghis Khan and his hordes too. Horses can't swim, can't they....?

Last edited:

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Me and my girlfriend are very close to our first full playthrough of Divinity: Original Sin. Really fun Turn-Based RPG that offers a lot of depth.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Games are getting more and more expensive here in Canada. If any of you guys are playing on pc, I would check out greenmangaming. Com. They often have days where they offer 20-25 percent off their whole catalogue including stuff that's not even out yet. I got fallout 4 and battlefront which are usually 80 bucks each, for just over 100. Still expensive but those are games that jold my attention and won't be on sale for a while.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Me and my girlfriend are very close to our first full playthrough of Divinity: Original Sin. Really fun Turn-Based RPG that offers a lot of depth.

That game is great. I just don't know where to go most of the time lol. Did you hear they're working on a sequel?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That game is great. I just don't know where to go most of the time lol. Did you hear they're working on a sequel?

I've seen that Sequel (I guess it was that) at PAX PRIME-Seattle but I didn't try it. It's been a while since I hit Divinity for the last time and I'm too afraid going back to my game 'cause I don't know what to do or how to play anymore :laugh:

I've been playing the Mad Max game lately. It's fun but repetitive..
I usually play Path of Exile but I'm bored now and barely have any free time to play
http://www.pathofexile.com/
I also play a bunch of indie games on PC when I'm bored: Guild of Dungeoneering, This War of Mine, Ziggurat, Offworld Trading Company, Craft the World etc.

I'm also waiting for the new Tomb Raider. I really enjoyed the prequel-game they released two years ago and I'm looking to enjoy this one as much as the other one. I tried it at PAX and it could be fun.. but then, not so much different that the other one (I believe it's the same gameplay vid from E3 or, at least, close to it).

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Steam sales is where it's at, indeed. I paid a very low amount for Civilization V and all it's add-ons and DLC.

Never been so obsessed with a game other than civilization... Whenever I play I can go for 10 hours straight. IMO the game that puts the realities of war, politics and scientific progress in the most realistic perspective.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I'm playing Heroes of the Storm from Blizzard. It's such a fun game.
And it's almost free on the top of that.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I've always been a huge gamer, but seriously those $80-$85 games are killing me, we've finally hit the breakpoint where I pass on most games unless it's something i've been waiting for years like MGS V and i'm moving towards smaller indie titles... i'll stick to a couple of games until Witcher 3's DLC comes out

I played 2 hours of Undertale this weekend, this game is incredible

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Games are getting more and more expensive here in Canada. If any of you guys are playing on pc, I would check out greenmangaming. Com. They often have days where they offer 20-25 percent off their whole catalogue including stuff that's not even out yet. I got fallout 4 and battlefront which are usually 80 bucks each, for just over 100. Still expensive but those are games that jold my attention and won't be on sale for a while.

One need to be careful with Greenman, they are know to sell OEMs voucher. While it won't cause any issue in 99% of the case... There still that 1%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad