GDT: Game whatever we are up to... Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild | 5:00PM | Born to beat Wild

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Or head coach or "President of Hockey Operations", but that's another story...

I'll give one DeBoer one more playoffs, but his inability to deviate from his 'system' when the going gets tough has plagued him his entire year. Works fine in the regular season, not when games pay more attention and make more in depth adjustments.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Meh. Felt like the Dallas series. Not a lot of hard work going on to score.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Everyone was meh to bad but that may have been Theodore's worst game since he was a Duck.
Not sure it was his worst, but we've seen much better. The first and third lines were out of whack as you would expect with Stone out. The defenders as a whole did a little better than I expected.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Didn't have our best game and were still the better team by a good margin the last forty five minutes. With how hot the scoring went for four games some regression isn't unexpected.

Theodore is struggling in his own end this season. This isn't the first game I've noticed it.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Wild Bill line wants to play hockey.

That line isn't the problem. Third line without Tuch is.

Glass, Hague and Roy need some power skating lessons. They bring a lot to the table but their speed is AHL not NHL quality.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Or head coach or "President of Hockey Operations", but that's another story...

Fans are almost never happy with the coach though. For the most part, I’ve been pleased with the results. The last couple of seasons with Gallant had a lot of frustrating times.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Vegas mortgaging away depth to keep Lehner and bring in Pietro punched us in the face last night. This wasn't your run of the mill poor effort game in my opinion. The team tried their best.

Kolesar's best is turning over the puck until they get the right 2 on 1 to get one past Fleury. Tuch's best is less without a playmaker on his line. Glass's best is less without an elite power forward to make plays for. I honestly wish DeBore would have played Cody between Patches and Tuch and let one line languish because they were missing Stone instead of two. Stephie works centering that line because he has Stone to be the playmaker.

I mentioned last night that they were better defensively than I expected, and they were, but the fact is you lose an important defenseman and not only does every pairing get scrambled, but you are trying to ice a legitimate cup contender with now-stable but un-special Holden, hot and cold spectacular play then gets the puck and summarily dishes it right to opponents Hague, and "why is he even playing at an NHL level?" Coghlan. When we didn't offer Merrill, I was elated and didn't think it would be possible to bring in a dman that makes me miss Merrill. I was wrong. Coghlan will be an NHL player someday, but man does he need more seasoning at AHL level and not at the expense of VGK turnovers.

The truth is that if we can stay somewhat healthy, the team is good enough to make the playoffs, then you can bring some players up without concern over cap. Having Brown, Dugan, even the ability to see if O-Regan and Sikura have games that can translate to VGK success, will be nice, not to mention Dorofeyev with his offensive aggressiveness. But I want this team to be the best in the league today, and with zero depth, they aren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00