GDT: Game vs Tampa: We Need McDavid Clones another afternoon game 3pm

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
We also threw away a 2nd round pick for Chia...so...ya....
This still bugs me to no end. The compensation rule should have been SO easy to apply but, as usual, the NHL screws it up.

The rule was meant to be that if you poached someone from an existing NHL team you paid the compensation. Basically call it the "Detroit Red Wing rule" because every year they were losing assistant coaches and scouts to other NHL teams.

So if you were working for an NHL team and you got hired by another NHL team there would be compensation. Boom. Easy rule. Easily applied.

But the NHL, in their infinite wisdom, decided that if a coach or GM was fired the compensation rule would still apply. Which is beyond stupid. You fire someone and then get compensation if they want another job. Beyond dumb. Hockey is a great sport but a bad business.

/rant

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Just another sign of a 19 year old kid who has absolutely zero confidence in his game right now. It's a shame, hopefully he resets over the summer and comes to camp ready to go.
Yeah the JP earlier in the season was shooting everything. Hard to imagine him passing on that before McLellan beat the confidence out of him.

Reactions: ujju2

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I don't think I have ever seen Puljujarvi win a puck battle on the boards in the offensive zone tbh
Thomas cause he's always alone on the forech3ck let' get mad at a guy cause he can't get the pick when it' always 2 on 1.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
.... Can someone kill that guy for the slewfoot???

EDIT: rather, pushing his stickblade into his the back of his skate and propelling him into the boards.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
“Team toughness”

Also f*** Montoya. Watching him reminds me so much of Gustavsson

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Stupid refs letting it get to a near McDavid injury for them to make fair calls. If they reffed the game without bias from the beginning Tampa wouldn't be playing so reckless.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad