GDT: Game Three: Boston Bruins At Toronto Maple Leafs (7:00 PM EST - SN, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We are losing this game. Brutal PP and never converted. Sammy lets in an awful goal. We had our chances to win this game but never did anything with it. Now the bruins will
Yup, I felt really good about the game at 0-0, and of course briefly with the lead. Hand it in hand... if we get down, I do not like our chances.

Hopefully they can kill the penalty and get back on the front foot!

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
He's playing decently well? He's made more than just 1 great play.
marner is NOT the issue this game.

He's been objectively good.

Its the horeshit panicking when we have a lead bertuzzi not playing discplined and sammy allowing a f***ing back breaker

Reactions: ruaware41

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Refs have called a fair game

Tavares looked soft on that 2 v 2 which led to that penalty at the end of 2nd

Leafs have been the better team 5 v 5 for the vast majority of the series 👏

Boston's 4th line has been mostly unplayable so if the Leafs can continue to somewhat run 4 lines they'll eventually wear the Bruins down throughout the game/series

Win or lose, I'm happy with what this Leafs TEAM has finally become...
Refs should put away their whistles more often. That's the problem. Especially in the playoffs.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
bench jarnkrok for nylander next game.
Hopefully mcmann is healthy soon to replace robertson if he starts playing bad.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Good lord. Score and have all the momentum (great play by Marner), and just hand back the game to Boston with stupid undisciplined nonsense. Bertuzzi is more focused on Marchand than the actual play, and they score in the out of position chaos. Then we get a PP to try and fix his mess, and he takes a stupid penalty by hitting up high for no reason. If this is the "playoff Bertuzzi" we held out hope for, no thank you.

Refs doing pretty much as bad as expected, given the refs and teams involved. You can sense a game that could erupt and cause injuries because refs let it get out of control.

Good time for intermission. Settle down, and win.

Leafs defended that goal perfectly. Not sure how you can say Bertuzzi somehow contributed to that. Sammy just shit the bed bottom line

Reactions: ruaware41

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Bieksa has a point -- team that keeps its head best in the 3rd will probably win.

Staple Bertuzzi to the bench because you know Marchand is going to draw him into something stupid - if he's not sneaking money under the table to his old buddy.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I don't feel good about this game. I hope Matthews gets the next goal. We need him to continue being lights out.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Media in overdrive defending Marner because of one great play. :laugh:
I love everyone calling out the Toronto Sun.

All these media hacks that have to make nod to their liberal arts degree and attack one rightish wing tabloid.

Over Drive did the same as Sportsnet.

Sorry I've never seen someone bring The Toronto Star into work to pass break time.

Reactions: PeteBestondrums

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Are you serious. Marchand alone did 1 elbow, 1 hold and 2 hooks and trip and didn't grt called.... are you watching the same fkn game???
Exactly, a bunch of illegal Bruins stuff are being totally IGNORED !!!

That tackle on Matthews by McAvoy SHOULD have been called. It was a blatant hold and THREW Matthews to the ice.

Jacobs has his henchmen in stripes working their magic to HELP HIS BRUINS.

f*** off Jacobs, Bettman, and the NHL !!!

Reactions: TMLife17

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Boston was always gonna get some calls, but I’m not actually convinced that last high sticking call that the stick even made contact with the bruin
need a replay on that, anyone got one would be nice. Coyle has been an embellisher this series.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
marner is NOT the issue this game.

He's been objectively good.

Its the horeshit panicking when we have a lead bertuzzi not playing discplined and sammy allowing a f***ing back breaker
Game ain't over. This is when it gets real.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
We are losing this game. Brutal PP and never converted. Sammy lets in an awful goal. We had our chances to win this game but never did anything with it. Now the bruins will
What you peered into the yellow looking glass and seen the future?

Should I hit up my boy Jontay and bet365?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad