GDT: Game Three: Boston Bruins At Toronto Maple Leafs (7:00 PM EST - SN, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
So you'd rather listen to Jack Edwards who is the biggest homer announcer of all time? If you hate Cuthbert and Simpson then you'll hate Edwards ten fold because there is no one who kisses the Bruins ass harder than him.
Is he the guy thay says "a buck and change" when referring to a minute left on the clock ?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Um, one of the criticisms being thrown at him last game was that he was taking PP shots instead of Matthews and Tavares (of course, for some f***ed up reason Matthews is choosing not to shoot on the PP; I don't get it). Can we have some consistency here?

Cuthbert and Simpson ass-kiss the Leafs? No they don't. Simpson can barelly hide his active contempt for the Leafs (though I did like his attempt to take credit for the idea of shooting a puck past the goalie's head early in the game to get him thinking about that, an idea that was stated by Bobby Hull back in the damned 60's... Simpson, you are NOT the foremost mind on hockey despite the repeated fluffing of your own ego).
I remember hearing that as something Paul Henderson's dad told him - first shot by the goalie's head.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Let’s go. F the bruins. F Maroon
8E95E397-F396-46FA-ABFD-9A77ABE0CAC1.gif

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That's a bummer. I hope the Leafs can pull it out on home ice without Nylander and against Swayman.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Marner hasn't been himself. They held him out as long as they could with the high ankle sprain before the season end but probably wanted to test it out and get him up to speed. He'll get there.

It's a little funny that some are mad at Nylander for not playing through an injury ... and mad at Marner for sucking playing through one.

It's just the way it f***ing goes sometimes. Just cheer the boys on. Who knows all the injuries and shit they're playing through.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Metroid

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Yeah sucks but maybe Robby gets a couple.

Leafs at home. Let's f***ing go.

Ahh. Damn. He’ll have an extra day to whatever between games. Everyone else must pick up the slack. Another chance for Nicky Bob to contribute. Maybe it’s a faux scratch, from the morning skate when he thought he might be scratched for Nylander. Scratch and Score

Reactions: Burnie97

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
On a chilly late-April morning, an enthralling atmosphere pervades the Greater Toronto Area, characterized by a stringent feeling of anticipation.

The opportunity for redemption presents itself. Will it be seized?

At five-on-five, the series is tied in scoring (3-3), yet Toronto holds a noticeable edge in scoring chances (58-27) and high-danger chances (25-13), per NaturalStatTrick.com.

“We’re not fast enough. We’re slow in transition,” Montgomery said. “Toronto didn’t give us many odd-man rushes.

“Our goaltenders have been up to the task. Just offensively, it’s just not there.”

Source: Maple Leafs back home for Game 3 vs. Boston

View attachment 858844

"As I walk I reflect, my now imposing frame casting an ominous shadow on ground I used to tread fearfully in my youth. The only thing I fear now... is that there is nothing left to fear."

-Personal quote
On a frosty late-April morning, a captivating vibe envelops the Greater Toronto Area, dripping with the palpable sense of anticipation and sweet nervous sweat.

Ah, the elusive chance for redemption unveils itself. Will fate favour the bold?

Reactions: GlitchMarner

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Please Lilly have a good game. I haven't hated his game like some but he needs to stop being so tentative. Just go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad