GDT: Game Three: Boston Bruins At Toronto Maple Leafs (7:00 PM EST - SN, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Boston playing Lohrei with McAvoy is an interesting call. Haven't thought McAvoy has been very good through 2 games, pairing him up with a rookie? Target that corner all night long.
I'd be wearing McAvoy down at every chance. Every dump in to his side, every rush to his side, finish every hit. Don't avoid him, make him work non stop

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
Yeah I was thinking its a very good deal tbh (its 800 per ticket which honestly seems really good lol)

Im trying to see if they have tickets to a potential game 6. Today would be hard to make it into the game on time as traffic will be nasty business leaving at 5:30ish

I checked out tickets normally online and they were crazy expensive. Didnt realize people pay 2-3K for a leafs playoff game haha
The tickets aren't where it hurts - it's the food and drinks where you really get the sense you're being gauged. 20 bucks for popcorn, 15 bucks for a softdrink and 25 bucks for a hotdog... and that's for one kid and one period.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Cuthbert is unbiased, objective, neutral and professional. He doesn’t kiss the ass of any team.
...and he always has been. True professional. I find Simpson has come a long way as well... once he got away from Jim Hughson, who could call a great game, but clearly despised the Leafs, Simpson has sort of been more on the side of the team imo.

No, they are not homers, far from it, but I feel when watching they (as a team) more on the Leafs side than they were in the past.

CC's time is about past though - he still doesn't know the difference between Nylander and Robertson or Kampf and Matthews lol

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
...and he always has been. True professionalism . I find Simpson has come a long way as well... once he got away from Jim Hughson, who could call a great game, but clearly despised the Leafs, Simpson has sort of been more on the side of the team imo.

No, they are not homers, far from it, but I feel when watching they (as a team) more on the Leafs side than they were in the past.

CC's time is about past though - he still doesn't know the difference between Nylander and Robertson or Kampf and Matthews lol
I love Chris Cuthbert, but I miss Bob Cole and Harry Neale calling hockey games. They remain the standard of hockey broadcasting. Cole’s voice and Neale’s insightful analysis and witty banter… Btw both are still alive. I want Neale to see a leafs championship before he dies. If I recall correctly, he was a diehard leafs fan since childhood.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
...and he always has been. True professional. I find Simpson has come a long way as well... once he got away from Jim Hughson, who could call a great game, but clearly despised the Leafs, Simpson has sort of been more on the side of the team imo.

It was sad when that started to happen to Bob Cole.

I hope Cuthbert can keep it together for a couple more years

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I love Chris Cuthbert, but I miss Bob Cole and Harry Neale calling hockey games. They remain the standard of hockey broadcasting. Cole’s voice and Neale’s insightful analysis and witty banter… Btw both are still alive. I want Neale to see a leafs championship before he dies. If I recall correctly, he was a diehard leafs fan since childhood.
Wonder why Neale left for Buffalo, I was sad when he stopped doing Leaf games.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Wonder why Neale left for Buffalo, I was sad when he stopped doing Leaf games.
Pretty sure his wife was from that area, so they moved back where she could work.

Cole/Neale we're also great voices but past their best before dates

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Pretty sure his wife was from that area, so they moved back where she could work.

Cole/Neale we're also great voices but past their best before dates
Makes sense. Apparently he was also friends with Rick Jeanneret.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The only thing worse than being in the stands for a playoff game where they lose is being there when they're knocked out.
Been there for too many of those.
Only playoff game I've ever actually been inside was game 7 03/04 Leafs and Sens. It was absolutely magical and a major part why I've been I've been a sucker for this team my entire life.

Core memories of thousand and thousands of Leaf fans singing nanana heyheyhey goooooodbyeeee in the final minutes. I would've been 12ish at the time and it was so great. Such a loveable team to cheer on too.

The good days... Recently game 7s/knockouts not so great. Won't pay the money to see live, so I end up punching pillows in my living room.

Reactions: ACC1224

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Not making excuses, but having played hockey a long time, there are certain guys that are line killers. Marner needs to be better, but Tavares and Knies simply aren't guys that are going to allow Marner to do what he does best. Tavares is too slow and Knies shouldn't be that high in the line up at this point in his career.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I wish i could watch with the Boston feed, Cuthbert and Simpson are horrible and asss kiss the Leafs.
You want to watch Jack Edwards? Go to your local nursing home and ask them to commentate the game for you and I promise it'll be just as good if not better

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

If Hughson was on this game tonight, Luongo would make a GRRRRRRRRRReat save like Tony Tiger.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Not making excuses, but having played hockey a long time, there are certain guys that are line killers. Marner needs to be better, but Tavares and Knies simply aren't guys that are going to allow Marner to do what he does best. Tavares is too slow and Knies shouldn't be that high in the line up at this point in his career.
nylander not playing has hurt i think since i think those 2 together would work, then u put jt with those grinders he was killing it with earlier in the year.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'd like to solve the puzzle

puzzle-thumb.php

What's the first word? U has already been asked for and it's not in the first word.

Maybe Folk?

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad