Olympics: Game Thread - Switzerland vs. ROC 02/09/2022

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Russia just went up after a own goal by Corvi. Russia looked better in the first but didnt show much killer instinct...

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
If the 1st period is any guide, I can't see why ROC should be considered the favorites of the tournament.

Pretty sloppy game on both sides and one extremely flukey goal so far.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Pretty balanced match so far, but It looks like Russia is deliberately slowing the match down and keep the control of the game.
Then they got lucky with the bounce at the end of the period.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Pretty balanced match so far, but It looks like Russia is deliberately slowing the match down and keep the control of the game.
Then they got lucky with the bounce at the end of the period.

I did get that feeling as well. They still had a couple of a grade A chances but seemed to overplay all of them. They can definitely put in one or two higher gears...

Last edited:

swissdude

May 18, 2019
For me it's obvoius that there haven't been any test games, I think both teams lacking a bit of chemistry and pace. I expect the game getting better each period. The usual concede a goal in the final seconds by the swiss though...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Switzerland plays like so many Swiss teams have done before - play well, don't score, lose. Proven recipe.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Pretty sure that's the mildest penalty for headbutting if you define it as such. And from that replay you just can't say it wasn't. Refs don't have the luxury to "not see it".
I actually thought that head-butting is an automathic major, even though It would have been ridiculous for such a small thing

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
True, it was pretty harmless for "headbutting" though. Even as a swiss I find it quite harsh
Probably giving Weber 2 minutes for roughing/crosschecking thus making it a 2 min PP would have been the best call but it's not the perfect world we live in.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Anyways, much Better periodo. The PP seems to work pretty well and er startes to see some speed. Except for a couple of brainless move from Weber the rest seem solid.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Sascha Ruefers intermission Interviews make me wan't to start drinking even though its not noon yet...

Anyways, much Better periodo. The PP seems to work pretty well and er startes to see some speed. Except for a couple of brainless move from Weber the rest seem solid.

PP looked good but they need to score on the remaining double minor or they will most likely loose.

Last edited:

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Sascha Ruefers intermission Interviews make me wan't to start drinking even though its not noon yet...
True, I can't stand Ruefer no matter what sport... A.Fetscherin is in China at least she knows hockey and would be much better

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
What a bunch of idiotic penalties.. between the head-butt, loeffel stupid slash, alatalo random elbow and gusev stick slash i don't know which one is the worst brainless move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad