TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Also, when Tyrion said he loved Cersei's kids, it was right after she'd mentioned Tommen and Myrcella by name

I don't think Tyrion was including Joffrey when he said it

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Assuming Jon is immune to fire, can the Night King's dragon hurt him with blue flame?

Maybe that's how he'll discover his Targaryen lineage?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Assuming Jon is immune to fire, can the Night King's dragon hurt him with blue flame?

Maybe that's how he'll discover his Targaryen lineage?

Jon is not immune to fire. He burned himself in the first season.

Daenerys being immune to fire is an individual trait, not a family one.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
As an homage to Martin, I hope the show delays the release of the final season for 10 years or so...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Tyrion changing allegiances to Cersei just because she's pregnant would seem like a pretty shoddy rationale to me. After all the horrible things she's done as queen and to him personally, one of the most noble and level-headed characters on the show is going to abandon all he's worked for over years just to switch sides and support her because she's expecting?

That seems dumb, and more "twist for the sake of a twist" than the sort of justifiable action Tyrion is known for.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Also, when Tyrion said he loved Cersei's kids, it was right after she'd mentioned Tommen and Myrcella by name

I don't think Tyrion was including Joffrey when he said it

I dunno... I thought he said ALL of them and really stressed the "all". I could be wrong.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tyrion changing allegiances to Cersei just because she's pregnant would seem like a pretty shoddy rationale to me. After all the horrible things she's done as queen and to him personally, one of the most noble and level-headed characters on the show is going to abandon all he's worked for over years just to switch sides and support her because she's expecting?

That seems dumb, and more "twist for the sake of a twist" than the sort of justifiable action Tyrion is known for.

I'm still sticking by that he just helped her lie at the meeting knowing she would never help. He knows Daenerys needs to go north, and she wouldn't go without an agreement.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't see any way there could be a secret alliance between Tyrion and Cersei. I know their conversation ended off-camera and left open various possibilities, but considering their entire relationship has been built on suspicion and hate, there's no way they'd become allies at such a critical time.

I dont know about that.

Tyrion pushed her to the very limits of her hatred and gave her the chance to do exactly what she has wanted to do for years, and she couldn't do it.

That scene showed a couple of things. For one, I think it showed that despite Cersei probably saying to herself countless times and trying to convince herself of it, she doesn't blames Tyrion for killing her children despite how hard she wanted to blame him. Along with that, the fact she wouldn't kill him suggests that despite how much she tries to hate him and despise of him she still cares enough that she couldn't kill him when the opportunity presented itself.

I think that was a pretty damn huge scene for the relationship between the two of them. It was a realization for Tyrion that his sister doesn't completely hate him and want to kill him. And it was a realization for Cersei that Tyrion hasn't been the cause for everything terrible that has happened in her life and that in fact he cared very deeply for the ones she loved.

Given how we've seen Tyrion question Danys moves a lot over the last few episodes, and started to worry about how much she's like her father, I would not be surprised at all if he has in fact switched sides right now and knows what Cersei is plotting behind the backs of Dany/Jon and at least right now is on her side for it. But I also wouldn't be surprised if once he reunites with Jamie and talks about this with Jamie, he ends up switching back to Danys side and exposes Cersei's plans which ultimately leads to her defeat.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I dont know about that.

Tyrion pushed her to the very limits of her hatred and gave her the chance to do exactly what she has wanted to do for years, and she couldn't do it.

That scene showed a couple of things. For one, I think it showed that despite Cersei probably saying to herself countless times and trying to convince herself of it, she doesn't blames Tyrion for killing her children despite how hard she wanted to blame him. Along with that, the fact she wouldn't kill him suggests that despite how much she tries to hate him and despise of him she still cares enough that she couldn't kill him when the opportunity presented itself.

I think that was a pretty damn huge scene for the relationship between the two of them. It was a realization for Tyrion that his sister doesn't completely hate him and want to kill him. And it was a realization for Cersei that Tyrion hasn't been the cause for everything terrible that has happened in her life and that in fact he cared very deeply for the ones she loved.

Given how we've seen Tyrion question Danys moves a lot over the last few episodes, and started to worry about how much she's like her father, I would not be surprised at all if he has in fact switched sides right now and knows what Cersei is plotting behind the backs of Dany/Jon and at least right now is on her side for it. But I also wouldn't be surprised if once he reunites with Jamie and talks about this with Jamie, he ends up switching back to Danys side and exposes Cersei's plans which ultimately leads to her defeat.

That would be awfully short-sighted of Tyrion, wouldn't it?

:naughty:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Someone got paid lots of money to write "And he kneed him in the nuts, but young Theon did not have any nuts and thus won the fight."

Just saying.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Hard to imagine babies having an effect on the final season, how much time can be covered now that the Wall has been breached

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Anyone else surprised no one died in the Dragon pits, with the amount of main characters we had meet at once and no casualties :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Anyone else surprised no one died in the Dragon pits, with the amount of main characters we had meet at once and no casualties :laugh:

It would have been a big twist if things went bad and both sides started slaughtering each other and Daenerys unleashed her armies/dragons on King's Landing. Would have made no sense to the plot and character motivations though.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The music was again excellent in this episode. I re-watched it and just can't get over how amazing Ramin Djawani's work is

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Or Eurons'...

That's a possibility and it could be what lead Jamie to kill her. As in she lied to him saying it was their child when in reality it was Euron. Jamie learn the truth either from Cersei herself or by another mean which throw him into a fit of rage which lead him to kill Cersei.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
That's a possibility and it could be what lead Jamie to kill her. As in she lied to him saying it was their child when in reality it was Euron. Jamie learn the truth either from Cersei herself or by another mean which throw him into a fit of rage which lead him to kill Cersei.

She never said it was his. He asked her what she would tell the people and she said that it was his. He never asked if it was his.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
How would she know at this point? I mean the whole premise of numerous plots, including certain major ones, is the inability to determine who are someone's parents at this level of technology.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
How would she know at this point? I mean the whole premise of numerous plots, including certain major ones, is the inability to determine who are someone's parents at this level of technology.

That's a good point. A very good point

In fact it's an undeniable point :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My minor nitpick with the episode is Bran saying Jon's name would be Sand, not Snow. Because he was born in Dorne. But that is not how it works. The ******* name isn't based on the location of birth, but on the heritage of the noble parent. In this case, he'd be Jon Waters, since the Targaryens are ruling the Crownlands at the time.

If it was based on the location, Jon's ******* name wouldn't be Snow

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My minor nitpick with the episode is Bran saying Jon's name would be Sand, not Snow. Because he was born in Dorne. But that is not how it works. The ******* name isn't based on the location of birth, but on the heritage of the noble parent. In this case, he'd be Jon Waters, since the Targaryens are ruling the Crownlands at the time.

If it was based on the location, Jon's ******* name wouldn't be Snow

It's customs, not law, some are named after the place in which they were born, other from the place from which they were raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad