GDT: Game LXXIII | "House Mc.D." | Oilers @ Hurricanes | 3/20/2018 | 5PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Great GDT, just hoping for some McPoints, as well as Drai having a big game seems a little discouraged lately but who can blame him with his line mates. See if the RNH/McD chemistry can continue to develop after stalling out a bit last game.

Do we know the forward lines yet?

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Great GDT, just hoping for some McPoints, as well as Drai having a big game seems a little discouraged lately but who can blame him with his line mates. See if the RNH/McD chemistry can continue to develop after stalling out a bit last game.

Do we know the forward lines yet?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Carolina's lines from our morning skate:

#20 Sebastian Aho#11 Jordan Staal (A)#86 Teuvo Teravainen
#23 Brock McGinn#28 Elias Lindholm#14 Justin Williams
#53 Jeff Skinner (A)#7 Derek Ryan#21 Lee Stempniak
#73 Valentin Zykov#49 Victor Rask#34 Phil Di Giuseppe
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

#74 Jaccob Slavin#22 Brett Pesce
#6 Klas Dahlbeck#27 Justin Faulk (C)
#4 Haydn Fleury#57 Trevor van Riemsdyk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Starting Goaltender#33 Scott Darling
Backup Goaltender#30 Cam Ward
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Injuries and Scratches
#5 Noah HanifinDefensemanConcussion
#42 Joakim NordstromLeft WingHealthy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Fantastic GDT ToeMcDrag83 :clap:

Hoping for a big game from the boys tonight. Let's get McDavid back on track to winning that Art Ross.

4 McPoints please:tvhappy:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

McLellan hates Draisaitl, lol. Lets put him with two midgets and see what happens. If we still had clowns like Omark and Paajarvi he'd be seeing them as well.

how lol is it that I would rather see Draisaitl with almost every forward on the team that he's not playing with. Including the entire 4th line.

I think McLellan must be convinced Caggiulia is some great hockey player. I can't even spell his name.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My take on the Canes lineup is WTF did players like Justin Williams, Stall, Aho, Teravainan do to be in hockey purgatory.

At least nobody in Carolina cares what you do and the money is good. But these are competitive sorts of players that could probably use a different environment.

Telling your grandkids you played your career in Carolina is probably no great shakes. Those kids would assume it was ECHL or something.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
My take on the Canes lineup is WTF did players like Justin Williams, Stall, Aho, Teravainan do to be in hockey purgatory.

At least nobody in Carolina cares what you do and the money is good. But these are competitive sorts of players that could probably use a different environment.

Telling your grandkids you played your career in Carolina is probably no great shakes. Those kids would assume it was ECHL or something.

Not like it's any big reward these past 11 years to say you're an oiler.
At least they don't have to be embarrassed to say who they play for.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
From what I remember the last time we played the Canes, Slavin was great against McDavid. Had great stick checks to stop a lot of rushes. Hopefully McDavid lights them up this time.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Games against the Hurricanes always remind me of the time I drove up to Raleigh while on vacation in Myrtle Beach to watch the Oilers lose 7-1.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not like it's any big reward these past 11 years to say you're an oiler.
At least they don't have to be embarrassed to say who they play for.

Nobody would know what a Carolina Cane is. I could see the advantages in that if you had no thread of competitive or entertaining desire left.

Bettman NHL is a scam in some of these markets. Is this one going to be another crowd like in Florida?

When does this ever stop. its embarrassing for a pro sport to have 5K people actually in the seats.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

They seem like Calgary east.
A few good forwards. 2 good defenders. 1 over rated defender. And then a whole lotta meh.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Only Mclellan can scratch a guy because he missed practice only to insert him immediately with Drai while JP toils away playing with Lucic and Strome. I really hope the media just destroys him once he gets fired.
Aberg missed a practice?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I can't believe you put that much effort into an Oilers-Canes GDT and it took about a minute to load on my phone but it was worth the wait. Kudos toedrag, the Oilers don't deserve you.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I can't believe you put that much effort into an Oilers-Canes GDT and it took about a minute to load on my phone but it was worth the wait. Kudos toedrag, the Oilers don't deserve you.

I like to think if a good GDT can boost HFOil spirits even a little bit, it's worth it. However temporary

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeDudeOTI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad