GDT: Game 9 | Pens @ TBL | 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I was counting to five before I saw Geno and Phil coming back, Tampa already had five guys in our zone ...whatever

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
See how lazy Phil was deep in his zone there. No reason he shouldn't have that puck clean. He stands there and gets beat to it. Hopefully, it's an October thing, but this is what I mean by saying a lot of the problems defensively are about the play of the forwards.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I was counting to five before I saw Geno and Phil coming back, Tampa already had five guys in our zone ...whatever

Geno was all the way deep in the offensive zone. A little hard to lead the forecheck and then be first back.

EDIT: That shift, Geno cut his guy off low. If Phil comes in instead of just gliding, they force a turnover. Instead, it's a clean exit.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
See how lazy Phil was deep in his zone there. No reason he shouldn't have that puck clean. He stands there and gets beat to it. Hopefully, it's an October thing, but this is what I mean by saying a lot of the problems defensively are about the play of the forwards.

Agree, I like our defensemen, and I think theyre actually playing very well themselves. The team (forward) defense is whats lacking, and the back to backs arent helping.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I also dunno why Sully just didn't stick with his lines from last night. They were solid. Ah well.

Missed slash on Haggy's hands.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Geno was all the way deep in the offensive zone. A little hard to lead the forecheck and then be first back.

EDIT: That shift, Geno cut his guy off low. If Phil comes in instead of just gliding, they force a turnover. Instead, it's a clean exit.
thats why Rust is not what they are trying to make him great F1, they have not been able to find a great one for taht line, Hags is the only one

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Agree, I like our defensemen, and I think theyre actually playing very well themselves. The team (forward) defense is whats lacking, and the back to backs arent helping.

I wouldn't say that. Letang and Dumo are up and down (down tonight, mainly Letang). Ruh is what he is. Maatta-Schultz is pretty good but backing off instead of challenging.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
thats why Rust is not what they are trying to make him great F1, they have not been able to find a great one for taht line, Hags is the only one

Actually, I think the issue is Geno and Phil. It's like Sid and Hossa. Put together two elite players, and they'll produce. But, they play disparate styles. Ergo, no natural chemistry.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Stamkos doing the only thing Stamkos does. Maybe cover the guy who doesn't do anything but sit in the circle and wait for a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad