GDT: Game 9 | Ottawa @ Montreal | Feb 3rd, 2pm | Marty Straka's Hijacking Makeshift GDT

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I sent an email to the NHL referees association or executive council or whatever you call it. Who knows if I'll get a response but I suggest a lot of you on this board do the same. I'll post IF..... I get a response from them.

It's a waste of time sending a complaint to them. They are there to collect dues and protect their members. The complaint has to go to the NHL's head of officials and the NHL head office.

Further to this I would like the players association to hire and fire the refs instead of the NHL.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Brutal disallowed goal there guys. Habs got away with one there. Just an absolutely horrible call. Shouldn't happen at that level of hockey.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
I saw the game, good time and I can say only one for this time.... arbiters. It was something terrible, KHL is a great league, but arbiters are often terrible and I think about that the arbiters of the game had some lessons there.... the goal of Benoit was regular (by the way he wasnt too good in KHL so I am suprised as he played in Ottawa) or maybe I am mistaken and NHL has tooken rules of basketball. :) but not only for Ottawa, I dont understand what Plekanec did, and others.

I like play of Methot I hope he helps you :)

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Glad the Habs won but wow, that was one really bad call, horrible non-goal. Just wow. No idea what the ref was seeing.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
i was at the game. a couple of notes.

the disallowed goal was TERRIBLE. silfver wasnt even in the blue paint he didnt even touch the goalie it was just a perfect screen. seems like screening = goalie interference this season......

alfie is alfie but it might be time to wonder about his sub-par peformance so far. he hasnt been a difference maker with or without spezza.

zibby should get a look on one of the top two lines instead of regin. he had two great chances to score, couldve had a goal or two.

condra had a good game and so did karlsson apart from a couple of give aways. karlsson probably created the most offense today.

greening and michalek are useless without someone like spezza feeding them the puck.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Long time creeper on these boards but I'm so incensed over the call I had to share a thought.

I don't remember a call that blatantly horrible in all my years of watching hockey. This game coupled with the news of Spezza and our suddenly stagnant offense without him, makes for a frustrating time in Senator land.

Hopefully they can come out with a strong effort Tuesday @ home against the Sabres. This could be a loooong (shortened) season if they can't figure out a way to manufacture offense without Spezz.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
learnt his lesson from last year I guess.

What lesson? Every year regardless of what happens all we hear is something an Ottawa player, coach did wrong and that's why we're being 'legitimately' punished.

The most pathetic thing of all is the coaches have changed frequently, the players have also changed dramatically and yet still the buddy buddy refs **** us and fall back on "well Ottawa did something". You know what? **** them, it's their fault, their problems that are screwing this franchise year after year.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Yes he pretty much lost it on our bench...Do you remember what that call was about?

Playing on the west coast...Karlsson got hacked in the last min... Fell down... There was no call... Fans cried for a trip... Ref told Mac that EK dove.. Mac told media the ref told him EK was a diver... Didnt get a 50/50 call for 2-3 weeks afterwords...

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Playing on the west coast...Karlsson got hacked in the last min... Fell down... There was no call... Fans cried for a trip... Ref told Mac that EK dove.. Mac told media the ref told him EK was a diver... Didnt get a 50/50 call for 2-3 weeks afterwords...

Thanks, I remember that now :nod:

Senovision

May 23, 2011
At about 1:00 of the video, watch Price's reaction. His head lowers, he slumps and he realizes that he has let in a goal. There is no sign of him even looking for a goalie interference call.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
At about 1:00 of the video, watch Price's reaction. His head lowers, he slumps and he realizes that he has let in a goal. There is no sign of him even looking for a goalie interference call.

So? Nobody is arguing that it wasnt an awful call... We had more than a few bogus GI calls last year. One or two cost us goals... Its inexplainable but it happens..

Nothing is going to happen whining and complaining about it...

We need to worry about stuff we can control... Like... Where is Michalek without Spezza? Is Alfie finally finished? Where are all these emerging top 6 fwds everyone talked about? Are Regin & Latendresse washed up NHLers or can they improve and help??

I just hope Andy can keep up the solid play...keep us in games snd try to stay .500 or better without Spez

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Just pointing out that usually the goalie makes some kind of protest when they thinks it's goalie interference. That's all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad