Half-Assed GDT: Game 9: Devils @ Blues cho-cho (7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Binny stealing unwanted points again.
Blues would be pretty decent if the other team would pull their goalies more often. It was a veritable offensive explosion tonight.

The Blues still suck, but it’s always fun to beat New Jersey. That doesn’t happen often recently.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Binny stealing unwanted points again.
Blues would be pretty decent if the other team would pull their goalies more often. It was a veritable offensive explosion tonight.

The Blues still suck, but it’s always fun to beat New Jersey. That doesn’t happen often recently.
We are 14-2-1 against them since 2014 and won both games against them last year.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I have to say that was as good a game that I have seen Leddy, Krug, and Parayko play in a long time. Solid passing and breakouts. Good backpressure from the forwards. Great effort against a very good team.

Reactions: shpongle falls

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Now THATS how you start a home stand boys!! Great f****** job by them tonight.:clap:

They needed a good game like this so bad, I still feel like this could be sneaky good team if they can just find some goddamn consistency lol. Glad they finally got the message to shoot more.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Nice enjoy the show!:yo: I was pleasantly surprised with 72 Seasons, though it was a killer new record. They haven’t put anything out that I really liked in a long time.
They killed it tonight. Not that I expected anything less.

Also, I’m 31. I never got to see Pantera with the OG lineup but they were one of the bands that got me into heavier music. While it’s obviously not the OG, they were simply amazing.

Reactions: shpongle falls

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
We are 14-2-1 against them since 2014 and won both games against them last year.
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. They have owned that team for a while now.

As for the game the Blues controlled the play for the most part until desperation kicked in for NJ. It was a good win. 9 games in and I still dont know what this team will look like in the back half of the seaon -- but there have been some positives in terms of keeping the puck out of their net and playing a more north-south game.

Now THATS how you start a home stand boys!! Great f****** job by them tonight.:clap:

They needed a good game like this so bad, I still feel like this could be sneaky good team if they can just find some goddamn consistency lol. Glad they finally got the message to shoot more.
I agree with you, I think if a couple things work out they could surprise us all. We will see.

Reactions: mk80

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Fourth line was great again. I missed having a big physical aggressive checking line.

Thought Neighbours was actually better in the game against the avs, but he was very solid again tonight. Nice to see him rewarded with a goal.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

BluesHockeyGuy

Oct 29, 2023
Why does Berube keep benching Vrana?

He replaced Vrana with Saad who can't score in empty nets on 3rd line with Hayes and Tropochenko Vrana had about 9 minutes of ice time and probababy 2 minutes in 3rd, is he in the doghouse again Geeze.

He got an assist on Hayes first goal and saved a goal with a hard back check then he gets benched in 3rd?

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Binnington is underrated.
HAHAHA, I guess the Blues D is underrated too.

Maybe both are true -- they have been doing a better job at limiting high-danger chances..

He's having a resurgent season so far -- but its been 7 games. We'll see if he and the D can keep it up.

He replaced Vrana with Saad who can't score in empty nets on 3rd line with Hayes and Tropochenko Vrana had about 9 minutes of ice time and probababy 2 minutes in 3rd, is he in the doghouse again Geeze.

He got an assist on Hayes first goal and saved a goal with a hard back check then he gets benched in 3rd?
Saad makes me sad.. He plays like he's on SSRI's.

Reactions: BluesHockeyGuy

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012

Vrana looked motivated in this game but I think they probably arent fans of his 200FT game which is why they limit his ice time. They'll probably still hand out an 8M dollar contract to him in the offseason.

Reactions: BluesHockeyGuy

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
They killed it tonight. Not that I expected anything less.

Also, I’m 31. I never got to see Pantera with the OG lineup but they were one of the bands that got me into heavier music. While it’s obviously not the OG, they were simply amazing.
What is touring now isn't PanterA, it's a cover band. Rex and Phil should be f***ing ashamed of using the name.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
For the first time in a long time, I thought the Blues played a competitive game against a good team. I still think they are awful and welcome the top 10 pick if possible, but it was refreshing to see passes hit their mark, players effectively using the cycle, everyone shooting the puck to force rebounds or whistles. The Blues are always going to get hemmed in their own zone, especially against a fast team like NJ, but I thought they defended much better than anything I've seen this season. Sure, NJ was on the 2nd of a b2b, but it was a pleasant surprise to see how this team could play. As long as they can play even a little close to this and lose, I'll be perfectly happy. It's when they play like an ECHL team that I get frustrated.

What is touring now isn't PanterA, it's a cover band. Rex and Phil should be f***ing ashamed of using the name.
Phil maybe, but Rex is just along for the ride (I guess he can hold some blame). I think after all these years, it's possible Vinnie and Dime would be ok with it, but their relationship with Phil has been contentious since Reinventing the Steel.

The one who should be ashamed is f***ing Zakk Wylde. Idk how he's sounding now, but when they first started this tour he sounded AWFUL and Dime was his best friend. You'd think you'd at least practice the shit you're playing.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Phil maybe, but Rex is just along for the ride (I guess he can hold some blame). I think after all these years, it's possible Vinnie and Dime would be ok with it, but their relationship with Phil has been contentious since Reinventing the Steel.

The one who should be ashamed is f***ing Zakk Wylde. Idk how he's sounding now, but when they first started this tour he sounded AWFUL and Dime was his best friend. You'd think you'd at least practice the shit you're playing.
Not to get too OT (although we already have lol) I don’t mind it. Many bands have continued on after the death of a member(s). Queen, Eagles, Metallica, too many to name. Obviously Dime and Vinnie are major components to Pantera, but Phil and Rex also were just as important to the overall success of the band.

As for Zakk, I didn’t think he was too bad. Dime is/was irreplaceable.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Not to get too OT (although we already have lol) I don’t mind it. Many bands have continued on after the death of a member(s). Queen, Eagles, Metallica, too many to name. Obviously Dime and Vinnie are major components to Pantera, but Phil and Rex also were just as important to the overall success of the band.

As for Zakk, I didn’t think he was too bad. Dime is/was irreplaceable.
This'll be my last comment on Pantera,

No for sure, they are all 4 major components that make up the band and replacing any of them is impossible. Zeppelin never decided to tour again until Jason was old enough, but the animosity towards Phil from Dime and Vinnie can't be understated. There was a rift there and idk if it was ever settled. Maybe after all of these years they'd be cool and touring (if Dime and Vinnie were alive), but the consensus among people close to Dime was that Phil sort of f***ed up that situation. That's conjecture from me though. Also, the first couple of shows with Zakk were god awful, everyone else played great, but it was like Zakk didn't get the memo. I'm sure after the past year he's gotten more comfortable, but it did not sound super good when I heard it the first time lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad