GDT: Game 82 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - Thursday, April 18th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
13thAwards.jpg

Welcome to the 13th Annual HFJets Awards. Tonight we will be honouring all those who posted in the Jets forum and made this season a big success. There are many categories to go through and so little time, so let's get started shall we?

The first category to be handed out is the “Lineup Updates” Award, for those HFJets posters who make sure we know who's playing and who's eating popcorn in the press box. And the winner is...

@gojetsgo

Congratulations, please come up and accept your award...

gojetsgoAward.jpg

Speech...Speech... “Go Jets Go!” Thank you gojetsgo!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Post Game Thread” Award, for those HFJets posters who are always on top of things to get the ball rolling at the end of every Jets game. And the winner is...

@bustamente

BustamenteAward.jpg

Speech...Speech... “I couldn't have done it without the Jets” Thank you Bustamente!

Our next category is the “Winnipeg Jets History” Award, for those HFJets posters who bring back memories with posts about our favourite hockey team. And the winner is...

@Guardian17

Congratulations, please come up and accept your trophy...

Guardian17Award.jpg

Speech...Speech...”Thank you for the award, I feel like a Vindicator.” You're welcome Guardian17!

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of you who volunteered to make GDTs this year. Your efforts have made HFJets the envy of the entire league board...

@Jets 31, @SUX2BU, @Aggie204, @AlphaLackey, @GeorgeJETson, @Mud Turtle, @Luc Labelle, @flyingkiwi, @The Blue Baron, @Section 325 and @tbcwpg

Our next category is the “Poet Laureate and Coelacanth Enabler” Award, for those HFJets posters who continuously amaze us with their “Bard” ability and living fossil fish knowledge. And the winner is....

@kanadalainen

kanadalainen2-award.jpg

Speech...Speech...”They said I Coelacanth, but I CoelaCAN!” Thank you kanadalainen!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Look Who's Playing” Award, for those HFJets posters who exemplify the sarcastic nature of the game. And the winner is.....

@sipowicz

Sipowicz-award.jpg

Speech...Speech... “Look who's winning an award!” Thank you Sip!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Trivia and Game Notes” Award, for those HFJets posters who have some interesting tidbits about the game and its' players. And the winner is....

@DharmaBum

To present your award, we have a special guest, Vincent Price. Congratulations, please come up and accept your trophy...

DharmaBumAward.jpg

Speech...Speech...“I have loved, cried, been mad with happiness. I have won and I have lost.” Thank you DharmaBum!

IN MEMORIUM

On a sad note, we lost one of our HFJets family to cancer this season: @lomiller1 He fought a brave fight and he will be missed. Rest in peace!

lomiller-tribute.gif

Our next category is the “Game Day Music” Award, for those HFJets posters who get the forum rockin' with some gnarly tunes! And the winner is...

@Jets 31

Congratulations Jets 31, please come up and accept your trophy...

Jets 31-Award.jpg

Speech..Speech...“I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.” Thank you His Dudeness!

Our next category is the “Special Video” Award, for those HFJets posters who puts a video together that stands out and impresses the entire board. And the winner is...

@Ponds for the video:

Congratulations Ponds, please come up and accept your trophy...

PondsAward.jpg

Speech..Speech... “This [was] my attempt at conjuring up maximum mojo to help aid the [Jets] snap their losing streak.” Thank you Ponds!

And now the moment you have all been waiting for, the final category of the night. Who will win the “Rookie of the Year” Award? It goes to the HFJets poster who has made the biggest splash on this board in their rookie season. And the winner is...

@Cotton Eye Joe

CottonEyeJoeAward.jpg

Speech...Speech...”But all [ I ] had come for was having some fun...” Thank you Cotton Eye Joe!

Well, the award show is running a bit late, but I would just like to thank each and every one of you for making this forum so much fun and enjoyable, and there is still more to come. Playoffs Baby! Go Jets Go!

Oh and don't forget to stick around after the game to find out who wins the Prediction Contest this season. It's a close one, so you won't want to miss the final results...

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
What a truly beautiful effort @macmaroon, and I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to remind us all what a wonderful and eclectic bunch we have here. Things are gonna get really exciting around here and you’ve totally raised the roof on this last game of the season.

Add my voice to those who lament that you were too humble to grant yourself accolades for your tireless GDT organizing.

Although I gotta be honest, you kinda dropped the ball a bit:

You gave out a rookie of the year award to a poster literally named “@Cotton Eye Joe” without asking him “where did you come from?”

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
View attachment 854066

Welcome to the 13th Annual HFJets Awards. Tonight we will be honouring all those who posted in the Jets forum and made this season a big success. There are many categories to go through and so little time, so let's get started shall we?

The first category to be handed out is the “Lineup Updates” Award, for those HFJets posters who make sure we know who's playing and who's eating popcorn in the press box. And the winner is...

@gojetsgo

View attachment 854074

Speech...Speech... “Go Jets Go!” Thank you gojetsgo!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Post Game Thread” Award, for those HFJets posters who are always on top of things to get the ball rolling at the end of every Jets game. And the winner is...

@bustamente

View attachment 854077

Speech...Speech... “I couldn't have done it without the Jets” Thank you Bustamente!

Our next category is the “Winnipeg Jets History” Award, for those HFJets posters who bring back memories with posts about our favourite hockey team. And the winner is...

@Guardian17

View attachment 854078

Speech...Speech...”Thank you for the award, I feel like a Vindicator.” You're welcome Guardian17!

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of you who volunteered to make GDTs this year. Your efforts have made HFJets the envy of the entire league board...

@Jets 31, @SUX2BU, @Aggie204, @AlphaLackey, @GeorgeJETson, @Mud Turtle, @Luc Labelle, @flyingkiwi, @The Blue Baron, @Section 325 and @tbcwpg

Our next category is the “Poet Laureate and Coelacanth Enabler” Award, for those HFJets posters who continuously amaze us with their “Bard” ability and living fossil fish knowledge. And the winner is....

@kanadalainen

View attachment 854083

Speech...Speech...”They said I Coelacanth, but I CoelaCAN!” Thank you kanadalainen!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Look Who's Playing” Award, for those HFJets posters who exemplify the sarcastic nature of the game. And the winner is.....

@sipowicz

View attachment 854087

Speech...Speech... “Look who's winning an award!” Thank you Sip!

Our next category to be handed out is the “Trivia and Game Notes” Award, for those HFJets posters who have some interesting tidbits about the game and its' players. And the winner is....

@DharmaBum

To present your award, we have a special guest, Vincent Price. Congratulations, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854089

Speech...Speech...“I have loved, cried, been mad with happiness. I have won and I have lost.” Thank you DharmaBum!

IN MEMORIUM

On a sad note, we lost one of our HFJets family to cancer this season: @lomiller1 He fought a brave fight and he will be missed. Rest in peace!

View attachment 854092

Our next category is the “Game Day Music” Award, for those HFJets posters who get the forum rockin' with some gnarly tunes! And the winner is...

@Jets 31

Congratulations Jets 31, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854094

Speech..Speech...“I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.” Thank you His Dudeness!

Our next category is the “Special Video” Award, for those HFJets posters who puts a video together that stands out and impresses the entire board. And the winner is...

@Ponds for the video:

Congratulations Ponds, please come up and accept your trophy...

View attachment 854097

Speech..Speech... “This [was] my attempt at conjuring up maximum mojo to help aid the [Jets] snap their losing streak.” Thank you Ponds!

And now the moment you have all been waiting for, the final category of the night. Who will win the “Rookie of the Year” Award? It goes to the HFJets poster who has made the biggest splash on this board in their rookie season. And the winner is...

@Cotton Eye Joe

View attachment 854098

Speech...Speech...”But all [ I ] had come for was having some fun...” Thank you Cotton Eye Joe!

Well, the award show is running a bit late, but I would just like to thank each and every one of you for making this forum so much fun and enjoyable, and there is still more to come. Playoffs Baby! Go Jets Go!

Oh and don't forget to stick around after the game to find out who wins the Prediction Contest this season. It's a close one, so you won't want to miss the final results...
Great game day thread as always Mac!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks @macmaroon for all your work in GDTs and in the prediction contest. I really appreciate it!

Here is the year end report card for @macmaroon

GIF_And%20Now%20For%20Something%20Completely%20Different.gif

Your mission (obviously you've chosen to accept it) is a ton of work.

tumblr_m4bfpvpwUo1r5rmyvo21_r1_250.gif

And you carry out your tasks with muy beuno aplomb. Never a hair out of place.

mad-broke.gif

Always on top of the situation, with accurate assessment.

200w.gif

Brave, resolute, confident, master of all GDT realms is our @macmaroon

95e20044ff9f9b51d7076dfbe3217e77.gif

All I know is, you make this a better place for us posting clan. A+

lGbqVs.gif

++++++++++++++

Back now, to our regular programming.

Jets taking a run at 8 in a row. :)

GJG

Last edited:

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

As a salmon-mongering Tocchet takes delight
To watch his recalcitrant charges blunder - forsooth,
So I, take in the Caluck’s game - onerous blight,
And my comfort quaffing ale by my televized booth.
For whether JT Miller, Demko or other surly git,
Wish to play with the Jets - they but slatterns and bores,
While mired in a cold funk these overpaid idiots sit,
I craft my verse anticipating the upcoming score:
Helly may well bring a win - not lame, nor under false guise,
Whilst that the Nucks Pucks doth no substance give
That I in our 4th line abundance am sufficed
And by a part of all thy Jets’ glory live.
What is best? Step up now bucket’d greasy KFC,
Too so with a couple of pounded markers from mighty Vilardi.

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Aw, here I was hoping for a "Naps like Mac" award. No word of a lie, last night I was thinking I hope I don't fall asleep during the game but then realized I have tickets to the game. Now I really hope I don't fall asleep during the game, lest I end up on the "snooze cam".

I propose Coelacanth poster of the year award for @macmaroon for his incredible dedication, humor and consistency in preparing the lion's share of the GDTs this year. What would we do without you?

GJG.

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I propose Coelacanth poster of the year award for @macmaroon for his incredible dedication, humor and consistency in preparing the lion's share of the GDTs this year. What would we do without you?

GJG.
What indeed? :) Happy to chuck in a big blustering coelacanth to brighten up the joint a little.

200w.gif

2qzvI8.gif

Coelacanth: enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad