GDT: Game 82: Oilers @ Avs - 7:30 PM - SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
New owner in Utah just had a short interview on espn. Wearing a hoodie, eyes suspiciously red, chapped lips and saying ‘like’ in every sentence.
He looked and sounded like a real weirdo. Has a super hot wife though, to no surprise.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A player's agent works for the player. It is the player who signs a contract. I don't begrudge players maximizing their value with short, professional careers. It's disappointing somewhat that Nurse didn't follow his captain's lead by taking less than he could have to help stock this team around him. Or Draisaitl signing for a fair market contract that he immediately killed into becoming a value deal. Nurse chose to grab it all.

But the issue is performance. He's still a high event player who can be amazing and braindead on the same shift. When he plays with a simple, structured game he can be excellent for long stretches. When he drifts into impulsive, risky decision making it is often costly to his team. Love a guy with high motor that wants to be a difference maker. But trouble in River City when the wires cross and he compromises his team's defending.
Draisaitl's signing was viewed as an overpay when he signed it, it wasnt a fair market contract.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ah, fans booing when a d man holds the puck behind the net waiting for a line change.

My personal favorite under the radar indicator of a dumbass fanbase that doesn’t know what they’re watching.
In the last Dallas Colorado game in Denver the fans were not understanding the concept of a delayed penalty. AV's were gettign a penalty, then they got the puck with an empty net and the fans were cheering as if the AV's would be scoring a goal. I couldn't unsee it.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I’d personally rather the evil we know in the kings and let Vegas get bounced around by Dallas and Colorado if needed
I'd prefer Nashville, then LA, then Vegas. But it's hard to say. LA are a tricky team. Vegas may have passed its peak. We'll see.

Salt Lake City Golden Tablets is a layup choice. Nice good and evil match with sin city Golden Knights.
Same difference. i hope Foegele scores 15 goals in the playoffs and gets the league max somewhere. lol.

Reactions: Duke74 and oobga

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
In the last Dallas Colorado game in Denver the fans were not understanding the concept of a delayed penalty. AV's were gettign a penalty, then they got the puck with an empty net and the fans were cheering as if the AV's would be scoring a goal. I couldn't unsee it.

Haha don’t doubt it.

Avalanche are maybe the biggest bandwagon non-sunbelt fanbase in the NHL. When they sucked that building was empty, now they’re back, weird. Even the morons that call themselves Avalanche “fans” in Edmonton mysteriously disappeared from the stands for about 10 years, but wouldn’t you know it they emerged again in 2022, weird.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I'd prefer Nashville, then LA, then Vegas. But it's hard to say. LA are a tricky team. Vegas may have passed its peak. We'll see.

Same difference. i hope Foegele scores 15 goals in the playoffs and gets the league max somewhere. lol.
Don’t think Nashville is possible in match ups as I think they’re locked into 1 wildcard

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Don’t think Nashville is possible in match ups as I think they’re locked into 1 wildcard
They will play Vancouver, yes. It looks like Vegas right now, but things can change.

The question is does Vegas recover from stone-itis for the first game of the series?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
How I rank the teams in the West:

Stars
Avs
Oilers
Jets
Kings
Canucks
Knights
Preds

I think the Oilers have an easier matchup vs Vegas but of course no opponent is "easy".

Hopefully Stars/Avs/Jets get beat up a bit (or a lot) in their series which will soften them up for the Oilers when they meet in the Conference Finals.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

Stars
Avs
Oilers
Jets
Kings
Canucks
Knights
Preds

I think the Oilers have an easier matchup vs Vegas but of course no opponent is "easy".

Hopefully Stars/Avs/Jets get beat up a bit (or a lot) in their series which will soften them up for the Oilers when they meet in the Conference Finals.
I think this year the Central is tougher--Stars, Avs are real contenders. Winnipeg finished higher than Colorado. And if Vegas goes there, they will have a defending champion in their pool tool.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Stars
Avs
Oilers
Jets
Kings
Canucks
Knights
Preds

I would swap Avs and Jets.

Jets are going to be a hard out.

Reactions: bellagiobob

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The easiest route to the cup, IMHO, LA, Nashville (if they beat Vancouver), Winnipeg.
The hardest: Vegas, Vancouver, Colorado.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I would swap Avs and Jets.

Jets are going to be a hard out.

Yeah I think the Jets may get through this Avs team relatively handily. Deep forward core, three decent pairings of dmen and an all world goalie to patch up the mistakes. All they're missing is an elite+ forward, but that might just be a healthy Kyle Connor

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Blackhawks lead, looking more and more like Vegas which I'm totally fine with.

Edit: Goal Review. Louie is somewhere smiling and....overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad