GDT: Game 82: Edmonton Oilers @ Arizona Coyotes | 7:00 p.m. AZST | Scripps

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Not living in Arizona has helped my sanity for sure but this one will be a tough watch. One of my HS assistants used to work for the NHL and frequently worked with Bettman so he's told me all the ins and outs of the ordeal. Told me all the things I wanted to hear and I still feel let down.

It's been a wild ride starting with the Portland Pirates and meeting the likes of Lucas Lessio, Paul Bissonette (before he was BizNasty) and Brendan Shinnimin (I thought he was going to be an All-Star) amongst others. I'll never forget some of the memories they created for me that have been carried on through the Coyotes team. I was heart broken when the Pirates left for Springfield, wasn't sure what to do after that but I kept the faith with the Coyotes.

For one last game I hope the fans are loud and the building is electric. The players deserve it, the fans deserve it. I'll be wearing my Coyotes gear with pride tonight.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I’m choosing to watch tonight and look at it not as a funeral, but as a celebration of all the good times and memories. I firmly believe hockey belongs, and will be back in AZ…it’s just a matter of when. Once the Tempe vote failed, I knew the chances were slim to none and this was almost an inevitability. Really, really sucks though.

I started playing hockey in AZ at Oceanside five years before the Coyotes even got here. Was a fan of the Gretzky Kings and then went to the first game here against SJ with my Dad and switched allegiances immediately. I’ve shaken Shane Doan’s hand and spoken with him at golf tournaments. I’ve caddied for Ray Whitney. I played on a team in youth hockey with Mike Gartner’s daughter and Paul MaClean’s son. I’m losing a piece of my childhood today and it is sad. But it’s also exciting to see what youth hockey has become in AZ and how many good players we are churning out. I know it’s different for everyone and I hope everyone gets through it in their own way, but I’m also starting to already get excited about watching this group with a fresh start. I think the potential is incredible. The prospect of seeing new uniforms and a fresh product is exciting.

What can AT and this group do without the endless distraction of playing in AZ and at Mullet following them around? What can BA do with a budget that isn’t always hamstrung and held back, and an owner who seems to be a more down to earth, better all around guy? Lots of potential. Any success they have will still be fun for me to see because I’ve followed them for so long, but in the backdrop will still be the disappointment that it wasn’t in AZ when we were so close to making it happen. Sad day, but remembering the good times and looking forward to still following these guys. If I didn’t have a team to root for I think hockey would die out almost completely for me and I don’t want that. Hope everyone gets through today and can find some peace with everything soon in their own way and on their own time…see you on the other side. Go Yotes!

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I’m choosing to watch tonight and look at it not as a funeral, but as a celebration of all the good times and memories. I firmly believe hockey belongs, and will be back in AZ…it’s just a matter of when. Once the Tempe vote failed, I knew the chances were slim to none and this was almost an inevitability. Really, really sucks though.

I started playing hockey in AZ at Oceanside five years before the Coyotes even got here. Was a fan of the Gretzky Kings and then went to the first game here against SJ with my Dad and switched allegiances immediately. I’ve shaken Shane Doan’s hand and spoken with him at golf tournaments. I’ve caddied for Ray Whitney. I played on a team in youth hockey with Mike Gartner’s daughter and Paul MaClean’s son. I’m losing a piece of my childhood today and it is sad. But it’s also exciting to see what youth hockey has become in AZ and how many good players we are churning out. I know it’s different for everyone and I hope everyone gets through it in their own way, but I’m also starting to already get excited about watching this group with a fresh start. I think the potential is incredible. The prospect of seeing new uniforms and a fresh product is exciting.

What can AT and this group do without the endless distraction of playing in AZ and at Mullet following them around? What can BA do with a budget that isn’t always hamstrung and held back, and an owner who seems to be a more down to earth, better all around guy? Lots of potential. Any success they have will still be fun for me to see because I’ve followed them for so long, but in the backdrop will still be the disappointment that it wasn’t in AZ when we were so close to making it happen. Sad day, but remembering the good times and looking forward to still following these guys. If I didn’t have a team to root for I think hockey would die out almost completely for me and I don’t want that. Hope everyone gets through today and can find some peace with everything soon in their own way and on their own time…see you on the other side. Go Yotes!
thanks. well said.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
First edible down. Hoping it lasts me until the game, may have to take another.

Dunno how I'm going to get through it, but will attempt to. May have to turn it off since it's Edmonton and I wouldn't be able to stand seeing our last game be a 9-1 blowout by McDavid or some shit.

It's been a hell of a time.

f*** the Oilers.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
First edible down. Hoping it lasts me until the game, may have to take another.

Dunno how I'm going to get through it, but will attempt to. May have to turn it off since it's Edmonton and I wouldn't be able to stand seeing our last game be a 9-1 blowout by McDavid or some shit.

It's been a hell of a time.

f*** the Oilers.
Connor will not be playing, so that’s good.

Aku Raty gets to take his rookie lap in this of all games haha…good luck young man.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping

YOTES4EVER

67e7280af86e0e5412ed0379eaff1727.jpg
Radim_Vrbata_Coyotes2.jpg
1411338205000-oel.jpg
boedker-120419-940-8col.jpg
kyle-chipchura-2016-7166.jpg
dcefa0d8d1b49203ed563d231ae3f14c251cd33023f60ca61195b703f8bff274.jpg
usatsi_21685331.jpg
grabner_2018-11-03.jpg
coyotes2_800x500.jpg
usatsi_22875974.jpg
family-arizona-coyotes-josh-doan-889865946.jpg
0eb93b6f-8771-4ad2-ace7-d8b61aea7e94-_Z6I5831.jpeg

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Connor will not be playing, so that’s good.

Aku Raty gets to take his rookie lap in this of all games haha…good luck young man.
Big Raty fan. Have been ever since I watched him in the euro minor leagues.

Hope he has a good game.

Hey wait a minute...who started cutting onions in here????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad