GDT: Game 82: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 4/16/24 TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
It's taken until now to get rid of Alzner?

Really?
1713289128280.png

Finally

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Barron is unfinished, I agree he has some holes in his game. However awful is not my opinion on the player. He has some great tools at his disposal, he just needs more time. Even if he never gets there, it's the prudent thing to do with his potential.

What would be awful is to see him blossom elsewhere. D's need time.
I think next year will be critical for Barron. It'll be his D+5 year, and I think the vast majority of NHL regular dmen gain a pretty solid foothold in the NHL by the end of their D+5 year.

His tools are very good. Sometimes it's just a matter of taking enough time to learn how to use them in all game situations.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Barron is unfinished, I agree he has some holes in his game. However awful is not my opinion on the player. He has some great tools at his disposal, he just needs more time. Even if he never gets there, it's the prudent thing to do with his potential.

What would be awful is to see him blossom elsewhere. D's need time.
Lots of examples of Ds we gave up on too early eg Hainsey, Beauchemin, etc

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Missing tonights game for work related reasons but very eager to know how Hutson and Mailloux do. Tag me when they do cool stuff.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Lots of examples of Ds we gave up on too early eg Hainsey, Beauchemin, etc
Didn't we lose them both to waivers? Bouilllion too, then reclaimed him a while later? Not sure "we" gave up on them as much as the team was unwilling to make space for them. Which is why I want to move Savard. He's a good, serviceable player but isn't part of the future. Same for Matheson although he could maybe fetch back a future key cog. I rag on him a lot, but he's probably just used in the wrong slot - like Brisebois was.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Will be at the game tonight, hopefully it's a good one.

Best-case scenario would be a competitive OT loss, with wins from both Arizona and Ottawa so we draft 5th.

Really stoked to see Mailloux's first NHL game, and Hutson's second.

And in all that excitement I'm not gonna lie, hours at work are going by quite slowly today.

But that's it from me, cheers and have a good day/evening/night/whatever floats your boat.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Wait till they buy out Gallagher :naughty:

Force him to retire.

Will be at the game tonight, hopefully it's a good one.

Best-case scenario would be a competitive OT loss, with wins from both Arizona and Ottawa so we draft 5th.

Really stoked to see Mailloux's first NHL game, and Hutson's second.

And in all that excitement I'm not gonna lie, hours at work are going by quite slowly today.

But that's it from me, cheers and have a good day/evening/night/whatever floats your boat.

Happy yearly post.

Reactions: habsfan891

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
So this is it, finally the last game of the season. We turn the page to the next chapter. These are the players we will use. This last game will in all intents and purposes be a preview of the new upgraded version of the Habs.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
I fully expect les boys to be up 5-0 going into the third.

Then it will depend on the Sens & Coyotes. If they are losing, Habs will give up 6 goals in the third somehow.

:habs

Also BUH BYE Alzner! LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad