Post-Game Talk: GAME 81 - So now Game 82 means something - Caps 2 BRUINS 0 F

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
We also have that memory game 2 of SC round 2 game 2 overtime vs islanders when Lauzon gift wrapped the game and don’t think ever played another game for Boston

Cassidy was not happy
Right, because Matt Grzelcyk has never been responsible for any goals against in the playoffs. Not a one. Guy’s a beast 🙄.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Members of the Don Sweeney fan club will never give credit to an ex Bruins player doing well somewhere else

He was the best Bruins forward in the playoffs until he left; then he was trash
What I miss? I’m the President and CEO of Dollar Donny Fanboys Co., but who am I a not giving credit to ?

Right, because Matt Grzelcyk has never been responsible for any goals against in the playoffs. Not a one. Guy’s a beast 🙄.
I was talking about Lauzon curious how you ended up on Grzelcyk on a Lauzon post

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Thing is, can’t keep making the “well these teams are fighting for their playoff lives” excuse every game because, once the playoffs start, they’ll all be playing that way. You want your team to win t least one game where the other team is more desperate. That was their biggest flaw last year too, win just one of those games where Florida is more desperate and you’re on to an inexperienced Toronto club

Bruins need to work on what their weakness’ are in this last game and treat it like the playoffs

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with the "whatever, who cares if they played bad" crowd 2 games before you enter a post season. Like I said, I'd rather them be dogs these last two games and enter the post season with momentum of some sort of encouraging play with either the PP clicking or something. Yeah, just not a fan of them rolling out there, getting absolutely nothing done offensively and keeling over like they did last night.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with the "whatever, who cares if they played bad" crowd 2 games before you enter a post season. Like I said, I'd rather them be dogs these last two games and enter the post season with momentum of some sort of encouraging play with either the PP clicking or something. Yeah, just not a fan of them rolling out there, getting absolutely nothing done offensively and keeling over like they did last night.
Last night's game was not a good look heading into the playoffs. Maybe if most of the vets Sat and didn't play. But they did and by all accounts were putrid minus Sway. Saw it coming as it was against a heavier team with aggressive style.
Remembering just a little while ago that Monty prefers quality over quantity when it comes to shots. Blew me away. Put the FN pick on net and create havoc. Not feeling too great about this first round. Goalies will need to steal games for them to go deep. Again, above expectations this season.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Nobody was rested around nhl other then Edmonton after scoring 9 last night in first 40 minutes

Bruins have 3 days off perfect

Take off from rink tomorrow
Thursday & Friday go over opponent and special teams
I'm pretty sure giving Marchand a little extra rest before the playoffs would do him a world of good....even though he would vehemently disagree

I also think it would be beneficial to give extra rest to anyone nursing nagging injuries before the playoffs start

..just my 2 cents

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm pretty sure giving Marchand a little extra rest before the playoffs would do him a world of good....even though he would vehemently disagree

I also think it would be beneficial to give extra rest to anyone nursing nagging injuries before the playoffs start

..just my 2 cents
They will have 3 days off after today and let's be honest they took last night off to.Marchand will be fine..They will try to win division tonite.Never saw lineup yet though either lol

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Soft players but Lauzon sucks, he would not help in the hit department............
Hits lol

I think someone said the Bruins had 18 hits in the first period, what a bunch of horseshit that stat is. I rather keep the puck out of our net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad