GDT: Game 81: Seattle vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZX - Third Time The Charm Edition

How long does @Summer Rose stay awake??

• Before puck drop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 10 min.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Second 10 mins

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Third 10 minutes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Fourth 10 minutes

• Fifth 10 minutes

• The whole game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Done after first Todd Walsh interview.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not an exciting game.
Some decent effort.
5 OA is still possible.
The exciting thing was that we saw encouraging signs from Keller, Hayton, Maccelli, Crouse, McBain, Moser, Valimaki, and Soderstrom. That’s half of a lineup comprised of either promising, good, or very good young or youngish NHLers.

Reactions: Jakey53

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
My wife went to the game with our grand daughter this evening. I watched on TV. When she got home and I asked her what she thought of the game she said watching the Coyotes was like watching a pee wee team. I thought so to. In particular Schmaltz and Keller both played poorly. And the goalie, well, not an NHL goalie at this point. Sad to see the regression in execution, focus and desire. Makes me not want to get tickets at all next yr

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My wife went to the game with our grand daughter this evening. I watched on TV. When she got home and I asked her what she thought of the game she said watching the Coyotes was like watching a pee wee team. I thought so to. In particular Schmaltz and Keller both played poorly. And the goalie, well, not an NHL goalie at this point. Sad to see the regression in execution, focus and desire. Makes me not want to get tickets at all next yr
I told my wife I was going to watch the game last night and she replied "you going to watch that loser team?". I said they are rebuilding. Her answer was "they have been rebuilding for twenty years". Unfortunately, that is what many think when the Coyotes come up in a conversation.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Since he started playing regularly at the end of February he has one more turnover than Moser and one fewer turnover than Valimaki.
The question is did he get better or did they get worse? Not a lot of positives for last while.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Since he started playing regularly at the end of February he has one more turnover than Moser and one fewer turnover than Valimaki.
i can forget the pass across center ice after the center of rink face off, right to the ducks player.. goal! soderstrom isnt very good

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Soderstrom is fine, he's just not going to be a 2-3...don't see that type of skill. But a 4-5 is fine and he's a RHD, which are always more difficult to find.

Anyway, the 2019 draft outside of like 15 players is atrocious. Thank goodness we got Maccelli, makes up for Soderstrom.

Caufield or Boldy would have been nice at that spot though. I must say, I wanted Newhook, who would be a serviceable 3rd line C, maybe 2nd line on our team, but he's not Caufield or Boldy.

rt

May 13, 2004
Soderstrom has looked great with the puck. He’s been very impressive. Especially on the PP. It’s a very good start. Encouraging.

i can forget the pass across center ice after the center of rink face off, right to the ducks player.. goal! soderstrom isnt very good
He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes but he does make the occasion blunder. That’s what rookies do.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Well, I am glad for you guys that you feel good about Soderstrom. I think you must live on Primrose lane ?

rt

May 13, 2004
Well, I am glad for you guys that you feel good about Soderstrom. I think you must live on Primrose lane ?

I think you might be having a hard time looking for positives in a tank season. Your posts seem to be coming from a perspective of a fan expecting wins. You seem frustrated that the team is rebuilding rather than competing, night-in-night-out. There’s a healthy middle ground between Eeyore under his personal raincloud, and living on Primrose lane. I think most of us are currently residing somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

Reactions: Stubu

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I think you might be having a hard time looking for positives in a tank season. Your posts seem to be coming from a perspective of a fan expecting wins. You seem frustrated that the team is rebuilding rather than competing, night-in-night-out. There’s a healthy middle ground between Eeyore under his personal raincloud, and living on Primrose lane. I think most of us are currently residing somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.
well, you are probably right… it is hard for me to see positives; thought I found them before but that was before the recent string of 10+ years of futility. been a fan since the team arrived here… you must admit, it can be debilitating.
All that said, I think I’m living on realville road

Reactions: Stubu

rt

May 13, 2004
well, you are probably right… it is hard for me to see positives; thought I found them before but that was before the recent string of 10+ years of futility. been a fan since the team arrived here… you must admit, it can be debilitating.
All that said, I think I’m living on realville road
I’ve also been a die-hard since 1996. Yet, this is the most hopeful I’ve been in a long, long time.

Reactions: BAdvocate and Stubu

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
This is the most hopeful I've been about the Coyotes in a very long time.

But I'm not that hyped on Soderstrom

I really think we've got something in the future with Cooley, Guenther, emergence of Maccelli, emergence of Hayton, Valimaki, Moser, and who we get this year with our 2 first round picks and I'm high on our current list of prospects (Lamoreaux, Geekie, Duda, Lutz, Doan, Fedotov, Lipkin, Matikka, Raty, Kesselring)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad