GDT: Game 81: Caps @ Isles | 4/28/22 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm watching the 76ers tonight. Just checked in to see that the Caps are down 0-2? LOLOL. I'm gonna stick with basketball.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
giphy.gif

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not sure why anyone would get spun up over any of the next two games….they can half-ass it for all I care.
Exactly. Caps know how to win and lose in the playoffs and can play when they want. Florida still has to win a playoff round and rather play them anyway. Even if it goes south, the Caps can get rid of trash this offseason.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Then why haven’t they done that since 2018???
Yea... thinking this team knows how to turn on the switch to win is just absurd. This is a terrible team that wins only on the backs of individual skill and post luck. They're gonna get trashed by the panthers, gonna be hilarious to watch.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
The Caps shouldn’t be getting dominated by a team about to to play golf. Especially when they have a reason to be playing to avoid Florida.
I'd rather the Caps play a tight, disciplined game. I'd rather they play a playoff-prep type style, regardless of what the results may mean for seeding and possible first-round opponent.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
lol yeah the Caps have historically been really great at half-assing the end of the regular season and then suddenly "flipping the switch" when the playoffs start .

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Exactly. Caps know how to win and lose in the playoffs and can play when they want. Florida still has to win a playoff round and rather play them anyway. Even if it goes south, the Caps can get rid of trash this offseason.
That’s the spirit.

I’m not sure what to make of that second sentence. It should read, “Caps know how to lose in the first round annually.”

Reactions: troyerlaw

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
It's hockey...I know. Any team can beat any other team any night. But...you're about to get seeded against an absolute JUGGERNAUT in Florida. Play like you want to avoid it. Play like you want to give yourself a chance.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
The AJF penalty was even more maddening considering it was our guy who got interfered with seconds before that slash. They call a cheap stick penalty instead of obvious interference

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
It's hockey...I know. Any team can beat any other team any night. But...you're about to get seeded against an absolute JUGGERNAUT in Florida. Play like you want to avoid it. Play like you want to give yourself a chance.
Preach brother. I want what other people are drinking because apparently I need it.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Yea... thinking this team knows how to turn on the switch to win is just absurd. This is a terrible team that wins only on the backs of individual skill and post luck. They're gonna get trashed by the panthers, gonna be hilarious to watch.
Panthers have had a fantastic regular season. No shame in losing to a team like that. Much better than losing to the Rangers who are mostly in the playoffs because their goalie is having a Vezina quality season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad