Olli Maatta|Matt Niskanen

Starting Goaltender
Marc-Andre Fleury

Last edited:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
All we need is overtime.

It would be nice for Gus to find the net again, its been a quiet few games for him. Same goes for Franzen.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Get after Crosby all game long, drape Glendening all over him. Get to OT and rattle Crosby because this is a likely playoff match up by the looks of it. Crosby is a pretty easy star to rattle and now is the time of year to do it.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see the pens come out and try to send a message. Whether thats by running up the score or running at guys, I hope the wings dont lay down and take it right before playoffs. Send the message right back

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Get after Crosby all game long, drape Glendening all over him. Get to OT and rattle Crosby because this is a likely playoff match up by the looks of it. Crosby is a pretty easy star to rattle and now is the time of year to do it.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see the pens come out and try to send a message. Whether thats by running up the score or running at guys, I hope the wings dont lay down and take it right before playoffs. Send the message right back

Your setting yourself up for failure if you expect this team to tough it up. They won't. I just hope no player of ours gets hurt.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
So who does James Neal elbow tonight?

**** I loathe the Penguins. I hope this is the playoff matchup and the Wings just crush them, even worse than the B's did last year.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Kronwall's been stepping up on guys at the blueline more lately. Although he hasn't completely Kronwalled anyone yet, he did put another player on their behind again tonight. Neal certainly plays the most vulnerable position. Make it happen.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Yes would be nice if we had some Nyquists explosions back. But of course that last point would be even nicer.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
So who does James Neal elbow tonight?

**** I loathe the Penguins. I hope this is the playoff matchup and the Wings just crush them, even worse than the B's did last year.

Not that I disagree(I hope the Red Wings crush them as well), but I'm interested in this renewed rivalry that I thought was long in the past.

Man when I heard the crowd at JLA last game against PIT chant "Crosby sucks! ...Crosby sucks!", wow I've never heard anything close to that type of disdain. Detroit isn't like Ottawa or other teams that regularly pick on a certain players by chanting, etc.,... or so I thought! Crosby and Pittsburgh bring that out in Wings fans. Go to a bar around here and you'll see what I'm saying. I wouldn't dare wear a Penguins jersey up in these parts right about now!

I'm realizing there is some bad blood between the franchises or their fanbases at least. It could be only the Wings fans who hold animosity, but it is there. We forget Toronto, or Nashville, or San Jose who kicked our ***** two playoffs in a row, but will never forgive the loss to the Pens in 2009. I think based on folks' reactions locally and here online Pittsburgh may be our greatest rival. This bodes well for the DRW in this game and possibly if we make the playoffs, having the desire and impetus to compete 100%. Heck I'm getting loaded let me add on a couple zeros, 10,000%! LGRW

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I think so too. Both teams will try to send a message.

I would feel more comfortable with Howard in net in this game.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Someone mentioned Alfie looked lost out there, postgame vs Buffalo. He's not lost, he's just playing injured ( 12 minutes ice time as opposed to his 16- 18 usual). Anyone notice him taking the defenceman to the net , into the goalie as Smith cut behind to score ? 3 games left and the old goat is leading the Wings in scoring. He's a leader thru and thru.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
1. Bring the kid line back together
2. Transform our PP into PP worth the term
3. Push the game to OT
4. Nyquist-Explosion gets us the OTW

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
1. reunite the kid line
2. put smith on the pp, no cutesy crap, just bombs from the point and dirty goals

pp1

jurco-datsyuk-alffie
kronwall-smith

pp2

franzen-legwand-nyquist
dekeyser-quincey

3. match glendenings line against sidneys
4. start jimmy
5. 3rd pairing gets significant less ice time

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
1. reunite the kid line
2. put smith on the pp, no cutesy crap, just bombs from the point and dirty goals

pp1

jurco-datsyuk-alffie
kronwall-smith

pp2

franzen-legwand-nyquist
dekeyser-quincey

3. match glendenings line against sidneys
4. start jimmy
5. 3rd pairing gets significant less ice time

Dekeyser and Quincey on the point together would be absolutely brutal.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
''Stuff'' just got real :

"@JoshYohe_Trib: Ray Shero to speak at 10:15 about "Penguins roster."" Expected he will announce Kris Letang will return to lineup tonight.

Guess we'll get the A squad tonight.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Dekeyser and Quincey on the point together would be absolutely brutal.

why?

our pp is atrocious as it stands and quincey actually has a fairly good shot and at even strength they seem to do ok together so no reason to think that would change with the man advantage

quincey is actually playing pretty decent hockey right now

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
why?

our pp is atrocious as it stands and quincey actually has a fairly good shot and at even strength they seem to do ok together so no reason to think that would change with the man advantage

I don't know if Q has gotten a shot through to the net more than 5 times this season.

He's playing better, but in the defensive aspect of the game, not the offensive one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
why?

Dekeyser has a hard shot, but his accuracy on his slapper is very poor. I saw him miss the net by 2 or 3 feet on some shots last night.

Also he is a good skater and passer. But his stick handling and ability to catch passes is not very good.

The Wings love to cycle, and really almost over-cycle with the man advantage, and that does not fit Dekeyser's game very well at all IMO, in the offensive zone.

Quincey, as Flowah stated, rarely ever "gets shots through" which is huge on the PP, especially on a team with a bunch of guys who are gun shy about shooting.

I think on the PP those two together would be pretty lame.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Dekeyser has a hard shot, but his accuracy on his slapper is very poor. I saw him miss the net by 2 or 3 feet on some shots last night.

Also he is a good skater and passer. But his stick handling and ability to catch passes is not very good.

The Wings love to cycle, and really almost over-cycle with the man advantage, and that does not fit Dekeyser's game very well at all IMO, in the offensive zone.

Quincey, as Flowah stated, rarely ever "gets shots through" which is huge on the PP, especially on a team with a bunch of guys who are gun shy about shooting.

I think on the PP those two together would be pretty lame.

all valid points, i was just thinking that how we operate right now dosent work so rather then find guys to fit that mold we instead break the mold and simplify the pp(second unit for sure) and simply have two guys on the point who dont play cute and are told to just shoot it(on net of course), no cycling, no set up plays, just shoot the puck and have the forwards go for rebounds/tips/screens.

plus i trust those two more then having kindl on the ice

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i ran the numbers last december or something but Q was actually one of the better wings at getting shots through. though it does help when one fires with no screen to goalies chest.

lashoff was the only one that stood out... in a bad way. he was hilariously bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad