GDT: Game 79: Preds vs Those F'n Guys 7PM | Fiala and Hartman have how many goals? EACH??? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
In arena, that looked like one of the worst no calls this season. Hopefully not the case? Report please because I’m still fuming.

Sitting in a section half filled with overly friendly, nice Wild fans pisses me off almost as much as the worst Hawks fans.
It was probably one of the most egregious no calls in the history of no calls. There was literally 0 chance he touched him. I watched the WILD broadcasters highlights and THEY even said after the first replay it was definitely goaltender interference and it was not going to count. I think everyone was surprised by the refs on that one. I just can't do anything but shake my head, not that we're new to being screwed by the refs on some no-goal or goal calls but to miss that on the ice during the play and THEN to still mess it up after looking at it on a monitor is just bonkers. What kinda replay were they refs watching? From all the angles we saw, he wasn't touched by Kunin until he laid on him after the fall.

Reactions: SouthNash

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
but to miss that on the ice during the play and THEN to still mess it up after looking at it on a monitor is just bonkers. What kinda replay were they refs watching? From all the angles we saw, he wasn't touched by Kunin until he laid on him after the fall.
That is what drives me crazy, not just in hockey but in all sports replays. There is zero excuse to get calls wrong when they go to replay/review. None. If you are still going to get calls as obvious as this one wrong in replay, then just get rid of all replays and reviews completely.

MLB may be the worst when it comes to this. Constantly miss calls even after going to review.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That is what drives me crazy, not just in hockey but in all sports replays. There is zero excuse to get calls wrong when they go to replay/review. None. If you are still going to get calls as obvious as this one wrong in replay, then just get rid of all replays and reviews completely.

MLB may be the worst when it comes to this. Constantly miss calls even after going to review.
If they get 90% of them right after review (it is probably more like 99% right?) then that's still better IMHO. And then any egregious misses like this people can easily point their finger and say, hey, you guys REALLY f'ed up, because you can't use any excuse that you missed something at ice level or your view was blocked or whatever, it was RIGHT THERE on the replay, and... you still f'ed up. It's truly ALL YOUR FAULT.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If they get 90% of them right after review (it is probably more like 99% right?) then that's still better IMHO. And then any egregious misses like this people can easily point their finger and say, hey, you guys REALLY f'ed up, because you can't use any excuse that you missed something at ice level or your view was blocked or whatever, it was RIGHT THERE on the replay, and... you still f'ed up. It's truly ALL YOUR FAULT.

I guess- but it just drives me insane- it should not be 90%. It should be 99.99999999%. Or even 100%- what is the excuse for getting it wrong on review?? There is none

But like I said, MLB is the absolute worst. They get it wrong all the time. They always defer to sticking with the call on the field, which I think is ridiculous. Just look at the review and make the right call- period- it is not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad