GDT: Game 79: New York Rangers @ New York Islanders, 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
4 games left

Match the desperation level of what will be a likely overconfident Islanders team and fanbase

Rely on the fact that if you work and play your game as usual, chances are you'll come out with two points.

Get in and get out of here and don't get baited into any bullshit. The Isles don't deserve the attention.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
"They'll match up poorly against a team like Carolina, who will be able to control 5-on-5 play against them almost entirely," McCurdy said. "[The Canes] might be able to dictate a style of play that will keep the games at 5-on-5 most of the time."

OK, no.

Last edited:

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-new-york-islanders.gif

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What more does Jones have to do for this coach to understand that he's one of the 6 best options on D. It's insane. Lindgren, Trouba, and Gus continue to F the team when they're on the ice.

Ros is useless. Where is the patience with Rempe. You give him 3 seconds of ice time and expect... what. Let him play.
Wut. I get Lindgren and Trouba. But Gus is not a problem.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
"They'll match up poorly against a team like Carolina, who will be able to control 5-on-5 play against them almost entirely," McCurdy said. "[The Canes] might be able to dictate a style of play that will keep the games at 5-on-5 most of the time."

OK, no.
Stuff like this drives me nuts. These are the experts???? The last few years this Ranger corps has OWNED carolina by letting them pop 40 shots from the top of the zone and burying them on the counterattack. Lazy shitty spreadsheet analysis. Worldwide leader in chump takes.

Also guentzel might have scored a bunch but who won that 7 game series?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Expect big time games from Rob DiMaio, Eric Fichaud and Bryan McCabe and Derek King and Brent Severyn

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Actually maybe Islanders playing the Canes will help the Rangers as the Islanders are a physical team. Maybe wearing the canes down for round 2 if they face the Rangers

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm gonna go Thursday, probably in section 214 as per usual.

Have only been to two Rangers games this year , home opener and the one we met up at Haymaker with my cousin.

Saving it up for the playoffs, I want good seats so am expecting to pay a small fortune. Lol

Too bad they are not playing at the garden tonight would have considered going due to the very nice weather or at least hang out at haymaker get drunk and see if cheaper tickets open up last min. lol

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
What more does Jones have to do for this coach to understand that he's one of the 6 best options on D. It's insane. Lindgren, Trouba, and Gus continue to F the team when they're on the ice.

Ros is useless. Where is the patience with Rempe. You give him 3 seconds of ice time and expect... what. Let him play.
Ros isn’t useless at all, where did that BS come from?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

The Rangers record speaks for itself. We're odds on favorite for the President's trophy. Jones has certainly had a part in that but the other 3 D you mentioned have had an even bigger part. So how they've been f'in the team isn't all that apparent to me. Yeah, sometimes they make mistakes, the game is a game of mistakes and when they happen they usually don't look great but it's better to look at the greater part not the lesser. If we had such a crappy defense we wouldn't be where we are.

As for Rempe I love the guy......but he's definitely still a work in progress. When he plays I think the 6/7 minutes he gets is about right. If you want to roll that entire 4th line though for 10/12 and there is no real physical component on the other side it's probably a good idea to go with the other spare. I expect that Rempe's minutes and every day game status are going to get better next year anyway. He's only 21....he's going to get better.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have only been to two Rangers games this year , home opener and the one we met up at Haymaker with my cousin.

Saving it up for the playoffs, I want good seats so am expecting to pay a small fortune. Lol

Too bad they are not playing at the garden tonight would have considered going due to the very nice weather or at least hang out at haymaker get drunk and see if cheaper tickets open up last min. lol
Yeah, I'm doing something similar. The way I look at it, this is my last good chance to go before tickets are $500.

I might do that anyway, but I don't have to. I like to scratch the itch late just in case I decide against going to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad