GDT: [Game #79] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 2:30 PM CT (ABC)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Pavelski cannot play in OT, we've established this a million times

Domi rocks in OT

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I paused watching a film to watch a shootout and guess what - Hintz was on the centre of the ice before his shot when I started watching it. Stars won. Stars are unbeaten when I watch OT or SO. Let's hope for Avalanche and Wild losses.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Unpopular hockey opinion- shootouts f***ing rock and I’m tired of acting like they don’t
I would agree if there was more stakes. In a 82 game regular season it just feels like they are only there to prevent evil ties.

In soccer the penalty kicks are fun just because they only happen on elimination rounds when a winner actually has to be declared. In the NHL I don't think they don't serve much of a purpose. You can just have ties during the league phase and continuous OT during the playoffs.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
We really need Edmonton to take over 1st in the Pacific so that Quick can eliminate the Kings in the 1st round

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I would agree if there was more stakes. In a 82 game regular season it just feels like they are only there to prevent evil ties.

In soccer the penalty kicks are fun just because they only happen on elimination rounds when a winner actually has to be declared. In the NHL I don't think they don't serve much of a purpose. You can just have ties during the league phase and continuous OT during the playoffs.
I’m with you. To be fair though, It’s not the best way to decide a hockey game, and I understand that. But there’s something to bringing the drama and for the most part, shootouts do that. There’s something to the casual and/or drunk fan for deciding a winner or a loser in fun fashion.

Reactions: LT and Klockis

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Miro is just dead tired. Need to ramp his minutes way down here before the playoffs
The Stars finish the season with a surprisingly heavy schedule. The opponents are mostly bad, but it's a lot of hockey crammed into two weeks.

I'd tell Miro all remaining practices and morning skates are optional. Even during games, I'd take him off of PK duty entirely to ease his workload.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Huh, so DeBoer told the ESPN crew that the reason the Stars didn't get a Dman at the deadline was because they were planning on bringing Harley up for the end of the season.

That's interesting if that really was the plan all along, and not just something he's making up because it worked out that way and makes them sound smart. :laugh:

Reactions: Elysian

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Huh, so DeBoer told the ESPN crew that the reason the Stars didn't get a Dman at the deadline was because they were planning on bringing Harley up for the end of the season.

That's interesting if that really was the plan all along, and not just something he's making up because it worked out that way and makes them sound smart. :laugh:

Nah it’s true because even Nill mentioned that pre-deadline about possibly not making moves if they think the player they have in house is better.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I'd take the risk and rest Miro vs Detroit. Should be able to get pts vs Detroit even without him.

Would give him a 4 day rest before the final back to back then we can assess if he needs to play both.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Sitting Miro would be a way to get Lundkvist playing time, just plug him directly back in to the pair with Suter and the #1PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad