GDT: [Game #79] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 2:30 PM CT (ABC)

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Nice game. I have the STH package, and sell off about half to ticket partners, in a fairly balanced calendar way. As it happens, the only W I have seen live since Ground Hogs day was the pasting of COL. Other than that, it was a bunch of OT or regulation losses. My partners have seen little but good wins by big scores. So, it was nice to see.

Having watched so many games over the years, I can usually tell if the team just doesn't have it that night, and a few times, have left early to catch a scheduled TRE train. Once, they came back in the third but then lost in OT, so I missed a good comeback. Even though yesterday was a dull game by many standards, I never had the feeling the Stars were out of it, so I stayed and was rewarded.

Harley did look good, but did make one ill advised pinch leading to the breakaway, and a few other longer passes that went right to the LV guys. Of course, that happens to many players, but if it happened to Nils, I think he would sit immediately. Harley played some in OT. I'm not sure I am making any point, other than sometimes the coaches bias makes for a few inconsistent handling incidents of players. Overall, it looks like they handled Harley's seasoning just right, and I think, he is here to stay, sort of like Dellandrea impressing in his one game playoff stint last year, and sticking full time this year.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Miro is four points back of the best season by a Finnish defenseman ever! Can’t sit him now!
I just looked up Reijo Ruotsalainen. Never heard of him before. He put some great numbers in the NHL before heading back to Europe seemingly out of no where.

Do you know the story on him? I imagine he’s a legend back in Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad