GDT: Game 79: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/4 7PM

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Pens had more bounces go their way last night than the Jackets have had the past 3 weeks combined. 4-1 doesn't really seem like a good indicator to the game itself. We played decently, we just need to score some ****ing goals.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Murray is a hell of a lot better than the Quincey I saw on the ice last night.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
The Jackets suck. There is no way they can recover from this slump in time. It's just like the first two games of this season, both at home, when they got dominated and showed no confidence. They never recovered from that. They just suck, Bob has finally broken from the weight of carrying the entire team for the last 3 months. The D with Tyutin, Nikitin, Prout was better than this group. The forwards all suck... they have no skill, and now have no bite. They have not earned any respect from the NHL, which was their goal at the beginning of the year - just laughter.
:sarcasm:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
am i strange in thinking that over the past 2 weeks has been the perfect time to hit their offensive funk? I feel that they will be snapping out of it at the perfect time, this offense is not this bad, they have been good all year, that didn't change just because of a slump. I actually prefer they get this out of their system now, I think they'll snap out of it against philly and toronto. Steven Mason is just what the doctor ordered.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
am i strange in thinking that over the past 2 weeks has been the perfect time to hit their offensive funk? I feel that they will be snapping out of it at the perfect time, this offense is not this bad, they have been good all year, that didn't change just because of a slump. I actually prefer they get this out of their system now, I think they'll snap out of it against philly and toronto. Steven Mason is just what the doctor ordered.

You may be right, its just a question of how long the current funk lasts. Four games in the playoffs can go pretty quick if you score 1 goal a game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Those things are entirely possible. As are the things people are worried about.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
The Jackets suck. There is no way they can recover from this slump in time. It's just like the first two games of this season, both at home, when they got dominated and showed no confidence. They never recovered from that. They just suck, Bob has finally broken from the weight of carrying the entire team for the last 3 months. The D with Tyutin, Nikitin, Prout was better than this group. The forwards all suck... they have no skill, and now have no bite. They have not earned any respect from the NHL, which was their goal at the beginning of the year - just laughter.
:sarcasm:

I agree. They should forfeit the series now and give the Pens some rest time.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Classy!

I've been watching with some frustration the last couple weeks. Obviously, better that this happens now than during the playoffs. But that's easy to say because we don't know if they're carrying it into the playoffs. I think taking today off is a good idea. If I had a choice, I'd choose for Bob to go through a little slump instead of the forwards, because a persistent scoring slump like this is far too familiar to Jackets fans. But we don't get a choice.

As someone said previously, here's hoping that Steve Mason is the slumpbuster we need.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
While I agree him being out for the playoffs is good news for the CBJ, you may want to remove the emoji. As much as I can't stand that team, I can't cheer for a player to be injured, and I think CBJ fans are better than that. I don't think you were applauding an injury, considering a herniated disc is no joke.

I think I get where you were going with it, but just not the best look.

When I looked at the defense yesterday, I thought we could exploit that weak lineup (at least on paper), yet I was wrong. So it may not even matter.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I'm not applauding the injury, obviously. I'm applauding that it no doubt helps our chances in a series. I'll remove it.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Good thing they picked up Hainsey.

Amazed that this will be the first time Hainsey has ever made the playoffs before. Over 900 games and never once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I'm less optimistic about the playoffs after the past week or so. Our offense is suddenly snakebit and we just lost to the Pens JV a week before the playoffs start. I hope to the Almighty that this was the wake up call they needed, because if not, it will be a first round sweep. If they continue to struggle tomorrow, I guarantee there will be panic in that locker room. I hope, hope, hope, hope I am wrong and I have to come eat crow (a huge helping of it).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Murray fans will always find some subjective notion to support their views about him.

It's pretty simple, with Murray in the lineup he's able to munch the tough minutes. Meaning players like Werenski get an extra 1-4minutes on the bench to rest. That 2-6 shifts. Might not seem like a lot, over the course of 82 games + playoffs it adds up pretty quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad