Jan 23, 2017
1712593458499.jpeg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
So Debrusk is a third liner. Whelp.

Take advantage of those matchups Jake!

What to do with DeBrusk is something of a conundrum. Monty demoted him from the top 6 because his play had regressed again. Which is fair. But history says that Jake is rather like Taylor Hall - put him with talent and he'll do well at least some of the time, play him with bottom 6 grinders and he'll produce little. Exploiting favorable matchups can work for a guy like Coyle, DeBrusk it seems not so much.

So while Jake brought his demotion on himself it doesn't really help anything - he's not the sort to win back his spot, he probably won't contribute much to the 3rd line, and while Geekie is a solid player with a better motor than DeBrusk, he doesn't have the same amount of raw talent and he's yet another guy (no disrespect to either him or Heinen) playing in the top 6 who in an ideal world wouldn't be. It's choosing greater consistency over a higher ceiling.

But who knows, perhaps this will be fine. The Bruins racking up the points they have with this forward group doesn't really make any sense anyway. Somehow by hard graft and Monty magic, it just works. So we roll with it and see what happens.

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
What to do with DeBrusk is something of a conundrum. Monty demoted him from the top line because his play had regressed again. Which is fair. But history says that Jake is rather like Taylor Hall - put him with talent and he'll do well at least some of the time, play him with bottom 6 grinders and he'll produce little. Exploiting favorable matchups can work for a guy like Coyle, DeBrusk it seems not so much.

So while Jake brought his demotion on himself it doesn't really help anything - he's not the sort to win back his spot, he probably won't contribute much to the 3rd line, and while Geekie is a solid player with a better motor than DeBrusk, he doesn't have the same amount of raw talent and he's yet another guy (no disrespect to either him or Heinen) playing in the top 6 who in an ideal world wouldn't be. It's choosing greater consistency over a higher ceiling.

But who knows, perhaps this will be fine. The Bruins racking up the points they have with this forward group doesn't really make any sense anyway. Somehow by hard graft and Monty magic, it just works. So we roll with it and see what happens.
I am hoping Jake finds his playoff gear soon. Hurts the team if he doesn’t. Also hurts his price point for contract renewal or testing the waters as a UFA.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I am hoping Jake finds his playoff gear soon. Hurts the team if he doesn’t. Also hurts his price point for contract renewal or testing the waters as a UFA.
If he can find his playoff gear (instead of fear), he can not only help the B's go on a long run, but if he wants to remain a Bruin, I think he HAS TO find his playoff gear and contribute to help his own cause

It's all up to you Jake....you control your own destiny

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If he can find his playoff gear (instead of fear), he can not only help the B's go on a long run, but if he wants to remain a Bruin, I think he HAS TO find his playoff gear and contribute to help his own cause

It's all up to you Jake....you control your own destiny
Not sure he knows what he wants. If he wants to be a Bruin will depend on the deals out there for him in FA. If it's more or even money, I'll bet he ends up in Western Canada but who knows, my crystal ball is out getting polished.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The points aren't at a premium and the biggest win will be no injuries. I just hope Brazeau is going to be ready for the playoffs at some point. I'm not counting on Maroon much, I can't imagine he will be in great shape, not having played for so long, and wonder how much confidence he will have to make big hits, etc., when just coming off back surgery.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
He's doing other things well, but I want Marchand to start shooting the puck more. He's an elite player with a great shot that has scored only 2 goals since February. I realize he's streaky, but he'll never get out of it by overpassing or forcing plays. Shoot it Brad.

Reactions: Forester65

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
So Debrusk is a third liner. Whelp.

Take advantage of those matchups Jake!
The Bruins only have 4 legit top 6 forwards (Pasta, Marchand, Zacha, Debrusk), and one of them is on the 3rd line.

He's doing other things well, but I want Marchand to start shooting the puck more. He's an elite player with a great shot that has scored only 2 goals since February. I realize he's streaky, but he'll never get out of it by overpassing or forcing plays. Shoot it Brad.
Marchand used to have a great shot. He seems to have lost some zip on it since last season.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The Bruins only have 4 legit top 6 forwards (Pasta, Marchand, Zacha, Debrusk), and one of them is on the 3rd line.

Marchand used to have a great shot. He seems to have lost some zip on it since last season.

Given the recent production of the first two lines I would not break them up to accommodate Debrusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce