Post-Game Talk: Game 78: It's a Bird! It's a Plane! | Blackhawks @ Jets | 4/1/2016 | 7 PM CDT | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Seabrook's shooting percentage is really going to make people here forget what a trainwreck he was all game?

Really?

REALLY?

giphy.gif

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Seabs single upside this season, his offensive contribution. Too bad it hasn't made up for the atrocious defensive play.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Small sample, but he and Keith actually raise each other's possession when playing together this season.

And quite frankly, Q needs to abandon the idea that KFC buffet is a guy that can chaperone rookies on a pairing. HE needs chaperoning, and Keith can do it.

Put Hammer on a pairing with Ehrhoff, let Ehrhoff play the Campbell role.

Then some rotation of Rozi/Gus/Svedberg/TVR on the bottom pair as needed, depending on how quickly and precipitously Rozsi's play drops when he's playing every other night.

He usually pairs 2 & 7 together in the playoffs, I would expect that again. As far as Ehrhoff with Hammer, there is a better chance I can learn to chew gum with my butt cheeks then that happening. Q does not like Ehrhoff, and him having the one bad game will now likely bury him.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
It is maddening that a coach that couldn't find it within himself to give significant time to develop the likes of Nick Leddy, has chosen TVR - who does literally nothing well, and is useless at moving the puck out of his zone and up the ice - as his pet project/hill to die one.

I don't think that's by choice. He had other / better alternatives when Nick Leddy was around. Now, with the cap and the way the trades went in the summer, Q is forced to make do with what he has.

So he's putting TVR out there, trying to get him the experience he needs. Whether or not TVR has the talent / physical attributes to be a 2nd pairing defensemen is irrelevant, because he is all we have.

And while I tend to agree with your assessment of Erhoff, I am worried about the small sample size. You (and the rest of us) were complaining about Rozsival and Runblad last season and in the playoffs, wanting to see Cumiskey and Timmonen much in the same way we're pining for Erhoff now. How did those two work out for us?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sloppy game..even extended to tge t.v. guys broadcastingthe game in Canada ..they asked after we win if Panarin's 3 point(sic) night was enough to cement him the ROTY..not realizing he had 4 points tonight!

Sloppy play bu both teams and even the T. V.announcers!

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
He usually pairs 2 & 7 together in the playoffs, I would expect that again. As far as Ehrhoff with Hammer, there is a better chance I can learn to chew gum with my butt cheeks then that happening. Q does not like Ehrhoff, and him having the one bad game will now likely bury him.

Yeah. I'm hoping Scotty Bowman has a talk with him or something....

Otherwise, we're stuck with one of Svedberg or TVR on the second pair. :cry:

Quite frankly, it's looking more and more like we're going to need the full Pronger from Keith and a Tim Thomas performance from Crawford to go deep this year.

Once again, the talent will have to outplay the disadvantages of their coaches roster management.

#freshlegs

Q gonna Q.

Gooner

Feb 21, 2016
Munich
I think Q is not playing the logical D pairings because of personnel issues. There has to be something behind the scenes (like Keith not wanting to play with TVR, for example) that forces Q to not use the obvious defensive pairings.
Keith plays with whoever he's paired with, period. I think that Q just likes TVR, as he's not adventourus and a typical stay-at-home defenseman, the kind Q adores.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I don't think that's by choice. He had other / better alternatives when Nick Leddy was around. Now, with the cap and the way the trades went in the summer, Q is forced to make do with what he has.

So he's putting TVR out there, trying to get him the experience he needs. Whether or not TVR has the talent / physical attributes to be a 2nd pairing defensemen is irrelevant, because he is all we have.

And while I tend to agree with your assessment of Erhoff, I am worried about the small sample size. You (and the rest of us) were complaining about Rozsival and Runblad last season and in the playoffs, wanting to see Cumiskey and Timmonen much in the same way we're pining for Erhoff now. How did those two work out for us?

The only way to counteract the potential impact of a small sample is to increase the sample.

That's all most of us really want. For Q to actually play Ehrhoff meaningful minutes, in concurrent games and see what he can do.

Instead he's in and out of the lineup, scratched after one bad performance, meanwhile Q's boyz get free rain to **** their pants without recourse.

If Ehrhoff isn't good enough, fine. Let him prove it. Cause right now, all we have to go on is the barely-a-chance the coach has deemed him worthy of so that his boyz can get 28 minutes a night.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Honestly, it was refreshing to see the Hawks not wilt after going down in the game, which they have had a tendency to do lately.

You can say it's "only" the Jets, but keep in mind that's a very physical team, not exactly easy to play against, and the Hawks were playing with only two good NHL defensemen (or one, depending on your opinion of Seabrook). Plus they were without Hossa, too.

So all in all, a good night.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe we can make Seabrook a forward so all he need concentrate on is shooting!

Let me see..Seabs cannot pkay D but is world class shooter. .Toews cannot pkay hockey at an NHL level or cares less but he is a world class sputter.

IS this not over $17 million in cap hit that is so hard to watch ? GET THE TO SPEED AND SKATING CLASSES AND WANT CLASSES!

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
Keith plays with whoever he's paired with, period.

I think you are underestimating the behind-the-scenes politics of a hockey team. Sure, if Q forces Keith, Keith will play with anybody. But part of being a coach is managing the personal issues of your team. I think certain players have preferences and Q tries to not go against them, if he can help it.

I don't mean to suggest Keith is a prima donna, I just singled him out because I don't remember him playing more than a few games with TVR. I also believe part of the reason why Hossa is still on the top line despite his play not warranting it is because that is Hossa's preference. If told, any player will do what their coach asks, but as a good coach you try to take their wishes into consideration ...

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

I'd like to see you try it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The trouble is..the Jets are the Jets and this is the last we see of them this season. OTHER team are actually competent and since we are not except when line #2 produces offense like tonight,we are a 1 trick pony.Yes..I know. .Wait till Norris Keith returns for playoff game #2..but till then the horror showboat #7 and #57;together ..2 inept defending (lol ₩ the d-zone. .and worse not helped much bu Mr.Inrpt himself
..he-e-e -e-e-e-e-e-er 's Johnny!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
any Dman with any sort of creativity with the puck, or skating legs, Q hates. Leddy, Hoff, Gus. Would rather employ old and young slow guys that can ring the puck around the boards as their play.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Where were you Ladder? INVISIBLE.

Where were you Johnny ....pn thebtoulevall night.

Wherevwerevyoub#7;and #57 ...displaying what NHL calibre d'men should never be!
Where were you Q? At te Country Club. ..cannot be bothered to teach "profesdionaks" how to clear pucks..how to hight for pucks..how to check guys off pucks. Too much "work" ..cannot be bothered .. do not ask ..besides I gate to practice..gotta get up early ..too early to teach..do I don't ..sorry you have to watch keystone cops in our d-zone every night ..but if you expect me go teach them how to pkay the game ,You are sadly mistaken..I coach ..not teach anything
...yjis means I stay non tge bench..scribble in my notebook and Scowl for the cameras..Now that is first class coaching..you cannot expect me to teach too!? COME OFF IT. .way too much "eork" and I am as lazy as someone my fat-cat players. .you know who I am talking about...yes that is how Q would reply to this horror show he keeps on presenting us nightly.We win a sloppy game..because after all..tgey are just the Peg.Take the points but way too many Vomit players. .but as usual onenif tge Vomit stars gets the GWG...typical.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Will take the two points. Loved seeing the second line back on fiyah

Didn't think this team was strong enough defensively to beat the better teams with #2 on the ice. Won't best them without him

7 was a train wreck and 2 penalties. Rosi made that one nice diving play but had multiple failed clears all game and I believe two wound up in the net

57 was abysmal

Darling had a very bad game. Lost his net all night

Ladd invisible until that late shot. Weise doing nothing yet again

And the the Captain. Did he play tonite? Loses the key face off on the 38 sec of 5/3 and don't think he had any shots on goal in regulation yet again. 1 goal in the last 10 games. Highest paid player in the league with zero impact yet again.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Where were you Ladder? INVISIBLE.

Where were you Johnny ....pn thebtoulevall night.

Wherevwerevyoub#7;and #57 ...displaying what NHL calibre d'men should never be!
Where were you Q? At te Country Club. ..cannot be bothered to teach "profesdionaks" how to clear pucks..how to hight for pucks..how to check guys off pucks. Too much "work" ..cannot be bothered .. do not ask ..besides I gate to practice..gotta get up early ..too early to teach..do I don't ..sorry you have to watch keystone cops in our d-zone every night ..but if you expect me go teach them how to pkay the game ,You are sadly mistaken..I coach ..not teach anything
...yjis means I stay non tge bench..scribble in my notebook and Scowl for the cameras..Now that is first class coaching..you cannot expect me to teach too!? COME OFF IT. .way too much "eork" and I am as lazy as someone my fat-cat players. .you know who I am talking about...yes that is how Q would reply to this horror show he keeps on presenting us nightly.We win a sloppy game..because after all..tgey are just the Peg.Take the points but way too many Vomit players. .but as usual onenif tge Vomit stars gets the GWG...typical.

What's done is done. This is what we have ... and this is we will have for the playoffs. Play time is over. Time to nut up for the stretch drive. If you don't like Seabs, Hossa, Ladd, Keith, or Toews .... DON'T WATCH!

They are the horses who's going to win or lose the Cup. If they fail, you'll have an entire summer to whine.

The regular season is for pretenders. The same schtick doesn't apply. Only an IDIOT questions the heart of a 3 time Stanley Cup Champion. Either they have it or don't. It all comes down to talent, discipline, and luck during the stretch drive. No one's going to lay down and play dead in the playoffs.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
TVR was absolutely terrible tonight. Barely AHL worthy. Let's just say that -3 was a generous representtion of his play.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Watching the game. Lexus Pursuing Peefection Player of the Game? Brent Seabeook.

He he.

Not the guy that had 4 points

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Lots of criticism of 57 tonite. At least he has speed to fall back on.

Oh wait...

But The Hawks have the best $10.5m penalty killer in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad