GDT: [Game #78] Dallas Stars vs. Philadelphia Flyers – 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Harley already our 3rd best dman.

Watching Hakanpaa try to exit the defensive zone with the puck is embarrassing.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
These last two games were fun, but I'm gonna wait till Saturday against an actual playoff team before I get too excited.

Sure hope Harley is for real this time, since it's the only hope of a Suter buyout. I don't hate mopey-face with the burning passion most of you seem to, but next season would be better without both him and his cap hit.

Also kinda funny how not having to babysit Klingberg means Lindell and his contract don't really get shit on anymore (or maybe Suter is just the lightning rod for all the hate :laugh: ).

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Harley with 18:01 in ice time
Honestly felt like more, he was so noticeable. If he's in the top six for playoffs I'll be pretty happy about that.

Also, imagine if Miro had been quarter backing PP1 the last year or two, we'd have done a lot better I feel.

Reactions: Stubu

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't know what more they could ask of Harley. He's been great. The next step is to start giving him some PP minutes. It's not like the Stars run anything complicated on the second unit. Give him a shot.

Reactions: LT and redbeardtx

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
It's so nice to see this team put away bad teams consistently. They weren't really all that engaged for most of 2 periods and yet when the did turn it on and bother to show up Robo does Robo things, as do Pavs and Benn and the game is put away.

I don't miss the Bowness days where we'd struggle to get to 3 goals to beat a team at all.

Harley absolutely is NHL material and should be in this line up come playoffs. If only DeBoer would bench Suter for Nils I'd be ecstatic for this lineup.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Think about how crazy this season has been. Suter, Lindell, and Hakanpaa have not missed one game. Miro missed three with a minor injury. Lundkvist and Hanley were healthy all season. Miller was as well.

I wonder how much of this is due to the system change. Play more offense and less timing grinding in your own zone = less time getting hit and banged. Blow out more games with up tempo hockey and less time trying to tie games up and exert energy.

Reactions: Stubu

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Miro - Nils
Esa - Jani
Harley - Miller

do it pete
do it

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Miro - Nils
Esa - Jani
Harley - Miller

do it pete
do it
Man if only he would but there’s just no way it’ll happen. The only way I see Nils coming in is if it’s for Harley. Even at that, come playoffs I think they go Hanley before Nils.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Also kinda funny how not having to babysit Klingberg means Lindell and his contract don't really get shit on anymore (or maybe Suter is just the lightning rod for all the hate :laugh: ).
Lindell seems like a guy who has also benefitted from DeBoer coming along. Bowness had his top four D and gave them the majority of the minutes. DeBoer has come along and smoothed that out for the group as a whole. Miro has had a bump, but it's mostly a combo of getting more PP time and this team playing more than twice as much OT than last season.

Lindell's ice time has come down over two minutes a game. He was hitting right around 22 minutes a game last season (over 23 per game in the series against the Flames), and this season he's down at just under 20 per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad