GDT: game 78: Battle of lotto teams Vancouver v Edmonton 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Would love to see McDavid pot 5 and suddenly be in the mix for the rocket. I think this will be a low scoring game. Then again all of my predictions have been wrong lately so who knows!

I want the Oilers to win every game left in the season. If it gives us 1% less chance of winning the draft I could care less. Boys need to bring some pride into next season and find their working legs right off the bat and I think finishing this season strong will go a ways to helping that.

Agreed.

It's not like there's THAT much of a gap between the end of the season and when they start training camp next year. Basically about 4 months between the last game and when the really start revving up to prep for the next season. Having a good end should be seen as a positive.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You know what really sucks? If Van gets Dahlin - and even if they don't - they're almost better positioned than we are for success. They have much better prospects, and that's how poor the management on this team has been.

No, they aren't. They really really aren't.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't see any way Montreal or Detroit passes us in the tank standings. Lowest we will finish this season is in the 7 slot, right now we're 9th. I think a team in the 7-9 spot is due for a lotto win anyways.

This would be a good one to lose though.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The real question is whether or not Vancouver opts to play their back up.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Van fwds: Petterson, Boeser, Horvat --- would take Drai + McDavid everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, plus we have JP, Yamamoto etc. Virtanen is the only other real promising forward prospect they MIGHT have. Other than that... nothing.

Van D: Stecher is pretty solid, although I haven't seen much of this year, Hutton is okay, Tanev will probably be past his prime by the time they are ready to compete in a few years..... Nurse, Bear, Larsson and Klefbom are a more solid top 4 than Vancouver will have unless Jolevi's development speeds up or they draft Dahlin.

Goaltending: Thatcher Demko is definitely impressive, and they are better set goaltending wise for the future, but this is also probably the hardest position to predict.

Overall, I think we look better everywhere but in the net. We have the best player in the world who is about to win his second consecutive Art Ross and will be the best player in this league for the next ten years. Pretty hard to beat that.

Gaudette? he will be playing tonight.

Kole Lind - Leading scorer of the Kelowna Rockets, taken in the 2nd round, on pace in points with Cody Glass taken like 6th overall.
Jonathan Dahlen - Lead his Finnish team in scoring as a 19 yr old and now has 3 points in 3 games in the playoffs.
Jonah Gadjovich - Projected to be a 3rd line checker - good numbers not impressive, will make the NHL due to his size.
Long shots are: Palmu (small dude but built like a fire hydrant), Will Lockwood (3rd/4th liner that could skate and be a pest) ie. Jannik Hansen mold

but i agree, our biggest organizational weakness is D. Other than Juolevi and Rathbone, we have no promising D in the pipeline. I hope we finally win the friggin lottery this year. :ha:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Gaudette? he will be playing tonight.

Kole Lind - Leading scorer of the Kelowna Rockets, taken in the 2nd round, on pace in points with Cody Glass taken like 6th overall.
Jonathan Dahlen - Lead his Finnish team in scoring as a 19 yr old and now has 3 points in 3 games in the playoffs.
Jonah Gadjovich - Projected to be a 3rd line checker - good numbers not impressive, will make the NHL due to his size.
Long shots are: Palmu (small dude but built like a fire hydrant), Will Lockwood (3rd/4th liner that could skate and be a pest) ie. Jannik Hansen mold

but i agree, our biggest organizational weakness is D. Other than Juolevi and Rathbone, we have no promising D in the pipeline. I hope we finally win the friggin lottery this year. :ha:
The Canucks are destined to pick 5th overall again.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The Canucks are year 2 of their rebuild and they kind of got screwed by the lottery in year 1. Boeser and Horvat are an good start for them , but it really feels like they need that player that soldifies their team identity and they can build around. The Oilers kind of had that in Taylor Hall and they DEFINITELY got that with Connor McDavid. Maybe the Canucks will get that with Rasmus Dahlin.

Nah, Oilers gonna win the Lottery. LETS GO OIL LETS GO OIL

Reactions: nabob and vcanuck

duul

Jun 21, 2010
How amazing would it be for McDavid to pot a hatty tonight and make it a real Rocket race? One can dream...

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
Ugh we get the Canucks broadcast crew tonight? Probably the worst crew I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Homers without anything insightful to say. Think I'll mute the audio and turn it to the radio broadcast for play by play.

Reactions: lakai17

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
Awesome to see Robin Bawa. I think he also went to Oilers training camp in 1985 or 86.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Jujhar going to be unleashed this game. Stupid Todd should have put him out starting the game.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Ugh we get the Canucks broadcast crew tonight? Probably the worst crew I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Homers without anything insightful to say. Think I'll mute the audio and turn it to the radio broadcast for play by play.

Most will be doing that by 10 mins into the game :laugh:

Reactions: dsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad