GDT: [Game #76] Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche – 8:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
The better team won, we were average all night.

But my God what a weak call on the goal reverse. Was a hockey collision and the softer body fell in. Weak.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Scheduled loss. Elevation + lose an hour.

Starting Oettinger both nights this close to the postseason is malpractice.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Neither should a team get rewarded with a goal for checking a defender into their own goalie.
You have some kind of weird fetish for defending referees. The goalie had plenty of time to recover and get back into position after his own player made contact with him. Go read the Avs GDT, watch the Avs players reactions on the ice. No one legitimately believed that that goal should have been disallowed until the refs decided to do so.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Oettinger was great in the 3rd.

I know he gave up a softy in the 2nd, but from there was great, best I've seen him positionallly in weeks.

Let's go win some home games

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You have some kind of weird fetish for defending referees. The goalie had plenty of time to recover and get back into position after his own player made contact with him. Go read the Avs GDT, watch the Avs players reactions on the ice. No one legitimately believed that that goal should have been disallowed until the refs decided to do so.
It's because the NHL rule here is written to make these calls where contact happens in the crease go against the attacking team. Suter drove a player into the crease and went in there as well. I'm not mad at the refs because the refs didn't write the rules.

Here's the NHL's instruction to refs: “The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.”

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I haven’t really been watching any games all year due to my work schedule but I’ve been able to watch the last 4 or 5 . The worst thing I’ve noticed is how much miller plays and how bad he is .

Reactions: hairylikebear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad