GDT: Game 75: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Snowy Montreal Canadiens, Thurs April 4, 7 PM | TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Be careful out there on the roads guys and gals, a few accidents here and there on my way to work earlier this morning. I'm not sure I'll make it out of the workplace alive, as I'm blaring Christmas Carols on my speakers for all to hear. F*** everybody!

As for tonight's game, hoping for a 5-4 loss in normal time. 2 goals for Suzuki and 2 goals for Slafkovsky! Primeau with 64 saves.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bunch of accidents in Ottawa and heading east.

Apparently it's even worse heading towards Rockland and that area.

If you can, stay home.

I'm hoping it f***s off by the time I'm done at 2 as I don't want to share the road with all these dummies that took their winters off early.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
8-2 TBL win with multiple points for Kucherov, Point and Hedman.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Be careful out there on the roads guys and gals, a few accidents here and there on my way to work earlier this morning. I'm not sure I'll make it out of the workplace alive, as I'm blaring Christmas Carols on my speakers for all to hear. F*** everybody!

As for tonight's game, hoping for a 5-4 loss in normal time. 2 goals for Suzuki and 2 goals for Slafkovsky! Primeau with 64 saves.
Caufield needs some assists too. One of those games where the entire line is involved in the scoring.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Most fans are coming to the realization that the Habs are much better than their record indicates and are probably not a bottom 10 team. They won't roll over, even for a minute.
Actually, most other teams are coming to the realization that we are better than our record indicates. As I have posted, a mobile defence gives us a chance to be competitive in most games. Look at the Leafs' defence in comparison that lost last night.

And there many here who continually beat their respective drums pleading that we trade (or rid ourselves of) Matheson, our most mobile, most used and most cost-effective, defenceman. Unbelievable.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tampa looked awfully good last night...not sure they aren't a legitimate contender moving forward.
I've heard rumblings that Vasi is back to being the Michelin Man and nothing is getting by him.
If they play Boston Goaltending again could send the Bruins golfing early.

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Actually, most other teams are coming to the realization that we are better than our record indicates. As I have posted, a mobile defence gives us a chance to be competitive in most games. Look at the Leafs' defence in comparison that lost last night.

And there many here who continually beat their respective drums pleading that we trade (or rid ourselves of) Matheson, our most mobile, most used and most cost-effective, defenceman. Unbelievable.
If we were to trade Matheson it wouldn't be to play some slouch.
Not that I'm advocating it but let's not pretend we wouldn't be getting something back.
He will never be a competent top pairing guy I should think that would be evident to you.
My greatest wish is to have someone take away some of the responsibilities Matheson is shouldering.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If we were to trade Matheson it wouldn't be to play some slouch.
Not that I'm advocating it but let's not pretend we wouldn't be getting something back.
He will never be a competent top pairing guy I should think that would be evident to you.
My greatest wish is to have someone take away some of the responsibilities Matheson is shouldering.
That's the plan and perhaps as early as next season we start seeing some young D man start to show they can eat minutes like Matheson who is a player I consider more of a stop gap until these kids are ready.

CC would get more then 2 shots
and Slaf will get a point

5 to 1 TB
I don't think the Habs get beaten this badly tonight but I don't expect them to win. 4-3, 5-4.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

What are we … 3 points up in Arizona now? Sigh. Easy win for Habs. Not even a question. I have a bad feeling.

In terms of the tank, it's not great. But for the progression of the team and their young guys, this is good stuff.

They already passed their pts from last year. They finished with 68 and they're at 70 pts with 8 games left. So there's a progression.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Tampa played toronto pretty nasty in the corners last night , I fully expect Slaf to go crazy again if they wanna engage with him

ea190367812229507a629f3f1c4c2da8.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad