GDT: Game 75: Puppies @ Kittens - 4:00 PM - FS-A PLUS

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Epic collapse. Wheels came right off the wagon. Looked like October out there in the 3rd. Yikes.
Give Florida some credit here. They are a much better, deeper team than ours and are fighting for a playoff spot. Momentum is a funny thing and you add talent and speed to the equation you get what we saw. You take away two top 4 D makes it even harder to win.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
McGinn pushing Kuemper into the net is apparently A OK :huh:

This goalie interference thing is getting ridiculous. On this particular play, I thought the refs got it right, but the teams are calling to many goalie interference trying to get a break because of the way the refs call them. The NHL has to review that this summer.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not even sure if the Coyotes went into their shell, I think Florida were just that good. They completely dominated us in every single way in the third. They played like a desperate team fighting to the death for a playoff spot.
I agree. In the second half of the second period you saw Florida start to dominate and I knew it was only a matter of time before they scored, but I was hoping we might be able to regroup after the second, but Florida came out like a house on fire and when they scored their first goal early I knew we were in trouble.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I watched the replay a few times from many different angles, and to me McGinn clearly pushes Kuemper. Don't know how that's not interference.
He did, but did he impede Keumper from making a save? It was a tough call to make, you win some, you loose some.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
He did, but did he impede Keumper from making a save? It was a tough call to make, you win some, you loose some.

I think the problem with the rule is the refs trying to determine if the goalie was impeded...they don't really know. We don't want to go back to the days of "skate in the crease, automatic no goal", but seems to me a better rule would be to say that any contact with the goalie in the crease negates the goal. Simple to understand, and easier for the ref to call.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think the problem with the rule is the refs trying to determine if the goalie was impeded...they don't really know. We don't want to go back to the days of "skate in the crease, automatic no goal", but seems to me a better rule would be to say that any contact with the goalie in the crease negates the goal. Simple to understand, and easier for the ref to call.
Did the D man bump the offensive player into the goalie? Even a little bump unintentional could be enough. I think on this call, the NHL is unwilling to change the call unless the interference was pretty clear, meaning he wasn't bumped, and didn't effect the goal. The on ice call will always be harder to over turn.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I thought it was more Schenn's fault than McGinn's pushing Kuemper down.

The Coyotes need to improve their defensive depth. We have seen it all year, the minute we lose one of those top 5 defenders this teams defense looks like swiss cheese. They might be 5 deep, but they need to be 6 deep to be able to shelter their 7th defensemen when it is time for him to play.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I thought it was more Schenn's fault than McGinn's pushing Kuemper down.

I think the best view is from the overhead. Schenn starts with his back to Mcginn, and then spins so that they are shoulder to shoulder. In the picture below you see McGinn with his stick in Kuemper's blocker and his skates are positioned to provide leverage and push. (I'm not really upset about this, just tired of the inconsistency in how it's called)

4scg1f.png

Reactions: Yandover

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Welp, I got C as Domi. That's it ; that's all i got.

Nice - 100% for you. This may not altogether be a good thing since you are able to read my mind, but perhaps we have met on another plane of existence :D

L is Domi. E is Perlini. J is Rinaldo. R is Rieder.
Could use work (on being able to read my mind), but 1 out of 4 (25%) ain't bad. Was that you driving past my house the other night? :eek:

For those interested, I edited the original posts (page 1) and added player's names

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I think the best view is from the overhead. Schenn starts with his back to Mcginn, and then spins so that they are shoulder to shoulder. In the picture below you see McGinn with his stick in Kuemper's blocker and his skates are positioned to provide leverage and push. (I'm not really upset about this, just tired of the inconsistency in how it's called)

4scg1f.png
Thank you for the additional detail, I do see what people are saying now. I had only looked at the video of the goal and the replay, but the still picture really does give a good indication.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad