GDT: Game 75 | Pittsburgh vs. New Jersey | The Fanciest of Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Momentum isn’t as much as a thing as you might think (the research shows that too). The 2016 was dominant but they were one of the best teams I’ve seen and also Chicago in the shortened season won more than lost, all the other cup winners weren’t going in with a lot of momentum.

2017 Pit 4 wins in last 8 games
2016 Pit 7 wins in last 8 games
2015 Chi 4 wins in last 8 games
2014 LA 2 wins in last 8 games
2013 Chi 5 wins in last 8 games
2012 LA 3 wins in last 8 games
But in those cases how many of those teams had a clear blue print as to where they'd finish? We could finish anywhere from 1st in the division, to out of the playoffs. We weren't in that same predicament last season or the year before. We are in a far more precarious position. So context is important here.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
But in those cases how many of those teams had a clear blue print as to where they'd finish? We could finish anywhere from 1st in the division, to out of the playoffs. We weren't in that same predicament last season or the year before. We are in a far more precarious position. So context is important here.

My point is not winning games at the end of the season did not stop them winning a cup. Very very likely we will be 2 or 3 in the Metro at the end of the season.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
My point is not winning games at the end of the season did not stop them winning a cup. Very very likely we will be 2 or 3 in the Metro at the end of the season.
And my point is we can't afford to lose games like tonights. We've had way too much in the way of inconsistency. We're still not guaranteed a playoff birth. Last year we finished with the 4th best record in the league I believe. 2016 We were lights out the final 15 or so games. This season is much different. High time we shore things up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Yeah, but neither played with Crosby... Simon's stats with Sid are great, but they're pretty bloody dodgy away from him. Puck keeps going into their net to be fair... just nowhere near as much as it goes into ours.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
It was a exaggeration based on the fact he's scored a lot of goals lately while taking barely any shots ...

:laugh: Gotcha. Sometimes sarcasm is hard to pick up on especially here. I should have known better though.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Didn’t Sheary have a good enough game where he could go to L1 again (and switch with Rusty).........or was it a little too good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad