3rd period activations:

2: 2
4: 0 (2 misses)
7: 1 (1 huge miss)
43: 0
32: 1
57: 1

TVR had 3 brutal turnovers.

Darling was really good and is rounding into what we saw last year.
Bout time tvr gets a game off....cue ball was good, scratch tvr and rozy bring in erhoff and gus

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If I were Q I would ask Darling how he feels then go from there. He is starting to build up again so I may ride him.

I have mixed feelings on that. Darling is close (if not there) to where he needs to be and has played 5 straight. But I agree, it depends how Darling feels.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have mixed feelings on that. Darling is close (if not there) to where he needs to be and has played 5 straight. But I agree, it depends how Darling feels.

If it was the 2pm game I agree but he has 24 hours to recover. I guess it all depends on how he feels.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I can't really tell if Kane was being classy and gave TT that empty netter despite the opportunity to get #40 or if the puck just sort of coincidentally hopped onto TT's stick.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can't really tell if Kane was being classy and gave TT that empty netter despite the opportunity to get #40 or if the puck just sort of coincidentally hopped onto TT's stick.

It looked like it hopped off Kane's stick - he could have recovered but saw 86 and let him go with it. Kane didn't take a pass cleanly all night.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Classy imo, he knows the team needs to get a lift and ttscoring could give everyone a boost. Kaner had matured alot since his summer dealings. I think he is beyond individual stuff

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I know it's just a win against Calgary, but that's still good news. I really hope this is the start of getting back on track and gaining some confidence before the reason season starts.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Yeah I just watched it again. You're right; he did. Well, then.... that was classy of Kane.

Classy imo, he knows the team needs to get a lift and ttscoring could give everyone a boost. Kaner had matured alot since his summer dealings. I think he is beyond individual stuff

It had nothing to do with being classy. It was just Kane making a smart hockey play. He was standing still when he received the puck, facing the wrong way and had a defender between him and the net. Meanwhile, he also had a streaking TT coming up the left side. Its an easy decision/handoff to make for Kane or any other player in that spot, a simple tap pass puts TT in all alone with a much better angle and no defender to possibly get in the way.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Does Kane have 1 goal in his last 8?

You cannot fault AAs production without faulting the dominant puck possessors on that line. His linemates are also his PP linemates.

Look at our PP numbers as a whole.

8 games is not 18 games. And up until the last 6 games, the pp - which 15 spends a lot of time on - was red hot.

So no I don't buy that. No goals in 18 games and 2 in his last 27 is simp,y not acceptable. Period. That's a 6 goals per year pace. Happy with that from a 2c., who btw, has been bad at the dot all season

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No I'm not. I expect production from a 2c. Especially one that gets a lot of pp time. Period

Are you guys suggesting 18 and 72 have been cold for 18 games? That's a quarter of the season.

You are 100% missing the point OR you are just choosing to ignore it because it shows that you are completely wrong in you assumption.

88 and 72 have been colder over that period yes.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Thanks BK.

Man, is Jackie Bange looking old as ****? (still got WGN on)

I hate wgn games

Jackie bang is 117 yeats old. Robert Jordan still dressed like a pimp teaching a math class and rich king is a badly dressed door to door vacuum cleaner salesman. At least we did have Dan 'plugs' roan

But the worst? That low budget set during intermissions with king and konroyd. Looks like a set from a middle school play

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
1/4 of the season?

72 went cold sooner than 88 but they have been colder for awhile now. (Kane has had only 3 2+ point games in the last 19, same for Panarin plus he has 9-10 games with no points)

All that being said AA will finish with 42ish points and has been the direct cause of 13-15 more so you cannot ignore that. That puts him at 55-58 points which is damn good for a 2C who plays solid D and does all the dirty work for his line.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Desi, tvr and rosi out tomorrow

Weise, Gus and Ehrhoff in

Darling tbd

Mashinter to be left at the airport in Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad