Scratches
Deslauriers, Ristolainen

Injured
Fedun, Franson, Larsson

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Is Murray close to returning?

Big game for the Blue Jackets, but not exactly a "must win". However, I think the boys will win tonight but it will be in OT. 2-1 OT.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Most likely my last game of the season unless I can score some reasonably priced playoff tix.

Most likely the last time I'll ever see Dan Bylsma as an NHL head coach as well.

I'm not so concerned with the Ws&Ls at this point. I don't want to see the Jackets enter the playoffs on a skid, but I really don't think that the next few games will have much of an impact on the big tournament. Home ice would be nice, but it's not essential. Freedom from injury to a key piece of the machinery is much more important.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
An extremely winnable game that we need to make sure Bob isn't the only player in. Let's get him 4 so letting in 1 doesn't hurt so much. I truly believe you remove Bob from this team it's still a wild card team but not in this position he is the definition of MVP. I hope he at least gets a nomination for his work.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
An extremely winnable game that we need to make sure Bob isn't the only player in. Let's get him 4 so letting in 1 doesn't hurt so much. I truly believe you remove Bob from this team it's still a wild card team but not in this position he is the definition of MVP. I hope he at least gets a nomination for his work.

Depends on who you replace Superman with. If its Batman perhaps we are still in a WC, if its Kicka$$ we are in serious trouble!

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Most likely my last game of the season unless I can score some reasonably priced playoff tix.

Most likely the last time I'll ever see Dan Bylsma as an NHL head coach as well.

I'm not so concerned with the Ws&Ls at this point. I don't want to see the Jackets enter the playoffs on a skid, but I really don't think that the next few games will have much of an impact on the big tournament. Home ice would be nice, but it's not essential. Freedom from injury to a key piece of the machinery is much more important.

plz god

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I really want to see a back-on-the-horse offense tonight. You know, a little Cam, a little Wennberg, a power play...

major major

Feb 18, 2013

With average goaltending they'd at least be wildcard - and would be a top ten team. Bob has prevented about 40 goals more than the average starter would have, and the team has a +61 goal differential.

Another way to look at it: Columbus has the 5th most goals for this year, and league average shots against. To miss the playoffs they'd need not just average but really bad goaltending.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
With average goaltending they'd at least be wildcard - and would be a top ten team. Bob has prevented about 40 goals more than the average starter would have, and the team has a +61 goal differential.

Another way to look at it: Columbus has the 5th most goals for this year, and league average shots against. To miss the playoffs they'd need not just average but really bad goaltending.

That +61 is deceiving. If I read the schedule correctly, CBJ have four outlier games with a 5+ Goal differential. Take away those four games and the GD is +43. Using your +40 for Bobs and an average goalies leaves us at +3. MAYBE a WC.

10-0 W Habs
7-1 W Pens
7-0 W Isles
5-0 L Caps

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
That +61 is deceiving. If I read the schedule correctly, CBJ have four outlier games with a 5+ Goal differential. Take away those four games and the GD is +43. Using your +40 for Bobs and an average goalies leaves us at +3. MAYBE a WC.

10-0 W Habs
7-1 W Pens
7-0 W Isles
5-0 L Caps

I don't understand why these don't count. Further, if these results don't count for CBJ, then you have to go through the other teams and omit their wide margins as well if you're to be fair.

Why are we often trying to minimize success here instead of celebrate it?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Stats must reflect the agenda. Our offensive outbursts were quite welcome.

Hopefully we hold on to the #2 seed, I have my doubts about the #1. I hope the rest of the team starts to peak with Bob's play here soon.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I don't understand why these don't count. Further, if these results don't count for CBJ, then you have to go through the other teams and omit their wide margins as well if you're to be fair.

I agree...crazy how can't be happy with being 2nd in the league...got to shred it up. "The goal differential is deceiving"..."their record is deceiving". Yet...if we were in the cellar and tried to say we were a better team than our record, the response would be "You are what your record says you are."

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I hate when refs make calls when players go down easily and embellish the hell out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad