Post-Game Talk: GAME 74 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 1

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Carlo chasing a player across the ice with JVR trying to cover for him.

Weak wrap around goal let in.

Many golden shot chances passed off for a broken play.

Guys like Zacha failing to hit empty net.

PP is the worst I’ve seen in years.

I totally get long season and tough schedule this last month or so even with this back to back games but we certainly need to improve on things and we can’t keep relying on Pasta or even the stellar goaltending can only get ya so far when hanging them out to dry with umpteen screen shots flying in.

How about the offside goal last night brutal screen or even game before Carlo terrible screen on the 3rd goal and some were like oh my gosh we need a save all cause it was the first shot he had in awhile but rather not acknowledge nobody is stopping something they can’t see unless it’s an accident or pure luck.

Hopefully this a get it out there system before playoffs period of play

Reactions: Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
That's already happening, just look at the game against the Rangers, and last night's game. They know all they have to do is take time and space away from Pasta and Marchand, then let the others try to beat you.
All teams look at shutting down the opponent's top forwards. Bruins are a little thin on talent up front. They have to score by committee this year. Just have to hope they get solid goal tending and some depth scoring. If not it's a challenge to win. They really surprise some prognosticators this year looking at what they have achieved.

Last edited:

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Not Abate @Colt.45Orr but hopefully they call arsenau sometime

Would be nice. Sad watching Jeannot skating around out there just licking his chops to drop the gloves. Wanted Beecher (Obviously declined), then got that nice hit on Lindholm and Freddy had to try to go him. Took that mean uppercut and it was over. Sucks watching guys out there play like that and have no one to keep them in line.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I'd also like to say JVR has lost me. Guy was pretty good for the first 40 games, but he's fallen off a cliff. Hopefully he sits & Brazeau plays over him in the playoffs. 55's doing everything out there.

Marchand's gotta get his head out of his ass. Playing so lazy, throwing temper tantrums. Step up man, play hard, dump the puck in hard. You're the Captain, play like one. Don't be that guy taking a brutal line change like game 7 vs the Blues. Which is how he's been playing as of late.
100% B's could use a guy just like him.
It's too bad he did what he did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'd also like to say JVR has lost me. Guy was pretty good for the first 40 games, but he's fallen off a cliff. Hopefully he sits & Brazeau plays over him in the playoffs. 55's doing everything out there.

Marchand's gotta get his head out of his ass. Playing so lazy, throwing temper tantrums. Step up man, play hard, dump the puck in hard. You're the Captain, play like one. Don't be that guy taking a brutal line change like game 7 vs the Blues. Which is how he's been playing as of late.

Maybe JVR gets a new life for the playoffs ,because he has been pretty useless lately I agree.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Injuries have been such a big part of their recent playoff runs I would hope they learned from last season to not chase records or stats, and just make sure their key players are as rested and healthy as possible even if that means they drop in the standings.
I mean, did pushing for home ice really help?
This is a really good point.

Reactions: Gordoff and mjhfb

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm really happy for Heinen that he's in the Top 6, but I feel bad for Pasta who has to play with him on the same line.
I don't believe Pasta hates playing with Danton. There are far worse players and Heinen is consistently decent. There are other players (making more $$) that you cannot count on as they are so inconsistent.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Lohrei is the future IF he can figure out how to play defense. He has a long way to go before he is a regular.

I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't moved at the draft
Lohrei is very green. He shows some skill and I hope he develops nicely.

Reactions: lopey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Brazeau has been a very pleasant surprise. He skates like he’s in mud, especially with the puck, but somehow he’s rarely behind the play. Any time there’s a play around the net he’s either the one putting the puck toward goal or he’s already there waiting. I’m perfectly fine with him as a fixture on the 4th line

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would be nice. Sad watching Jeannot skating around out there just licking his chops to drop the gloves. Wanted Beecher (Obviously declined), then got that nice hit on Lindholm and Freddy had to try to go him. Took that mean uppercut and it was over. Sucks watching guys out there play like that and have no one to keep them in line.
This is my issue to an extent as well. Which is why I advocate for guys like Duhaime, Olivier, etc - They're youngish players who can easily slot in against certain teams. You can't convince me they bring less than a guy like Lauko (who I like, despite his offensive limitations) - Maroon will help, but at that point it's pretty much too late. He's an older guy who will stand in there and stand up for his teammates, but he's also not really a good fighter. I think a guys like Olivier and Duhaime can be 15-20 point 4th line guys who will bring that ability.

It's been pretty much open season on this team for a while to be honest, and the reason that is, is because the opposing team has no one to really fear, or no one who will be an intimidating factor. We have Marchand having to be the guy who sets the tone more often than not, and we can't afford him hurting himself. Frederic isn't feared by anyone and Wotherspoon who plays a chippy game on the back end has no idea what he's doing there either.

Which is why the Lucic situation is frustrating as hell. He's probably the most intimidating player in the league patrolling your 4th line, even if he only dresses for 30-40 games.

It's just frustrating as a fan what this team has become. What was once one of the feared team in the league is now a chew toy. Just don't like it, and my opinion on it won't change. You can't convince me the Bruins can't add a guy to be a staple on that 4th line in the offseason. Maybe we were spoiled because we had 2-3 of those guys, but the fact the Bruins have NONE right now concerns me.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Brazeau has been a very pleasant surprise. He skates like he’s in mud, especially with the puck, but somehow he’s rarely behind the play. Any time there’s a play around the net he’s either the one putting the puck toward goal or he’s already there waiting. I’m perfectly fine with him as a fixture on the 4th line
He definitely slow. But he has high hockey sense and good hands. His reach doesn’t hurt either

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He has long strides

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
whats tge deal with beecher only getting like 10 mins a night?
i think he should be our 2nd or 3rd line C. maybe even first line.
he generates ofgense with his speed and he wins faceoffs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Biggest issue tonight was how easily Tampa sped through the neutral zone.

Fighting after a clean hit can backfire, especially when you don't have that role player on your team. Tampa and the building were alive after that faux display of toughness.

I'm a big JVR fan, but can see him being the odd man out in the playoffs.

Those who could watch the game on NESN were fortunate. Pang and Botterill yapped the entire game, and the majority of the time about things that have nothing to do with the game.

The fact that when Pastrnak and Boqvist(!) are on the bench the Bruins don’t have anyone that can speed through the neutral zone is as big of an issue as defending it. Losing Krejci (not with speed but with magic) and Hall from the middle six really really hurt their ability to transition the puck.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I don't believe Pasta hates playing with Danton. There are far worse players and Heinen is consistently decent. There are other players (making more $$) that you cannot count on as they are so inconsistent.
Heinen is the only guy he plays with where the opposition gets more chances than he does. They have outscored the opposition however.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Who is next on the depth chart to fight Jeanott . Marchand?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

The old man died in a flash flood,son fell to his death from an intake tower. Real weird. The article I posted has their pictures in it. Also mentions their wife/mother, who had a hard time for the rest of her days because of it. RIP
I clicked on it and "important security message, your computer has been locked up" message came up. VIRUS WARNING!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
This is my issue to an extent as well. Which is why I advocate for guys like Duhaime, Olivier, etc - They're youngish players who can easily slot in against certain teams. You can't convince me they bring less than a guy like Lauko (who I like, despite his offensive limitations) - Maroon will help, but at that point it's pretty much too late. He's an older guy who will stand in there and stand up for his teammates, but he's also not really a good fighter. I think a guys like Olivier and Duhaime can be 15-20 point 4th line guys who will bring that ability.

It's been pretty much open season on this team for a while to be honest, and the reason that is, is because the opposing team has no one to really fear, or no one who will be an intimidating factor. We have Marchand having to be the guy who sets the tone more often than not, and we can't afford him hurting himself. Frederic isn't feared by anyone and Wotherspoon who plays a chippy game on the back end has no idea what he's doing there either.

Which is why the Lucic situation is frustrating as hell. He's probably the most intimidating player in the league patrolling your 4th line, even if he only dresses for 30-40 games.

It's just frustrating as a fan what this team has become. What was once one of the feared team in the league is now a chew toy. Just don't like it, and my opinion on it won't change. You can't convince me the Bruins can't add a guy to be a staple on that 4th line in the offseason. Maybe we were spoiled because we had 2-3 of those guys, but the fact the Bruins have NONE right now concerns me.

They did add your guy at the deadline. Unfortunately he’s still on the mend and may not be ready until the playoffs.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don't think the "C" has affected his play. I think he is playing hurt and needs to rest up.
Could be. He seems to be skating fine so it's hard to say. Team keeps all that stuff so hush hush we can only speculate. If he is actually hurt he should be rested for sure.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They did add your guy at the deadline. Unfortunately he’s still on the mend and may not be ready until the playoffs.
My cousin had back surgery done a few years ago by Dr. Marcotte at the Baptist. She could barely move (or breath) after and had to rehab at a nursing home for a couple of months before being about to go home and take care of herself.
Of course, she was 30ish years older than Maroon and not a pro hockey player, but the point is that back surgeries can leave you in worse shape than before and also he may end up (God forbid) damaging the surgically repaired area worse than prior to surgery.
It's going to be interesting to see but I'm not expecting much from him. If he's able to be a factor it would be incredible.

Reactions: BMC and Ratty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad