GDT: Game 74: Sharks vs. Kraken 7:30pm NBCSCA

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
He’s not but they had nobody on the blue line to start the season with any sort of offensive instinct. It was something that should’ve been addressed in the off-season and his availability early in the season sort of speaks to his ability but Grier’s hand was forced with how they started because he was negligent of this issue.
In fairness that's only because the Karlsson trade dragged out for so long. Sheng reported that the Sharks had a deal in place with Erik Gustafsson on day 1 of free agency but it was contingent on trading Karlsson that day.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
In fairness that's only because the Karlsson trade dragged out for so long. Sheng reported that the Sharks had a deal in place with Erik Gustafsson on day 1 of free agency but it was contingent on trading Karlsson that day.
They shouldn’t have made it contingent then. Even if they kept Karlsson, they could’ve used another. Would be more useful than signing Burroughs.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
They shouldn’t have made it contingent then. Even if they kept Karlsson, they could’ve used another. Would be more useful than signing Burroughs.
Gus probably didn't want to sign with a shit team on the west coast unless he was guaranteed to inherit all of Karlsson's PP1 and other offensive minutes.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Yanni back on the ice, so I guess he survived being shot right in the Gourdes.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cas and Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Gus probably didn't want to sign with a shit team on the west coast unless he was guaranteed to inherit all of Karlsson's PP1 and other offensive minutes.
I mean he signed for one year at 825k so it doesn’t seem like a demand you couldn’t pay your way out of. Throw him two years, two mil per and I’m sure he’d accept the lesser role risk. Give Burroughs contract at him instead and you cover that base.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
We've got a puck-moving offensive d-man. He sneaks into games wearing #44's sweater every month and a half.
Quinn and GMMG should give Pickles full authority to play as much with the puck as he wants while ignoring defense. Maybe he can get a Norris and get traded.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Quinn and GMMG should give Pickles full authority to play as much with the puck as he wants while ignoring defense. Maybe he can get a Norris and get traded.

He'd give permission for the team to look for deals, have Grier come back to him with the teams that are offering something, then would tell the team that all those teams are on his NTC list.

Reactions: karltonian

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
So, who went to the game and picked up an extra shirsey and wants to sell it to me?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Never met Jerry, but I've been over to Mickey Hart's house. His wife is an excellent cook. We had a vegetarian lunch, and for someone that is not and cannot see himself as one, it was great.
For a while I was working with a band and assisting a soundguy who used to work with the Dead back in the 80s. He told me a story about getting back from tour one day and heading to some shop with Bob Weir, who told him he could pick any Modulus bass off the wall that he wanted, Modulus being a company that made bass necks out of graphite rather than wood (similar to another Bay Area company called Zon). Bob was a big Modulus guy at the time and iirc owned a share of the company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad