GDT: Game 74: Red Wings at cats 12:30 pm et 3/30/24 (NHLN, BSD)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
"This isn't throw tables, bang water bottles (time)," Lalonde said. "It's keep pointing things out. There are positives in our game and we just have to keep finding those positives, build off that, even a little bit more, and try to get some results." -Derek Lalonde

What a loser this guy is. He brings a losing mentality and refuses to hold anyone accountable. He coaches like he's coaching Atom house-league hockey.

Positives lol, which ones?

-every single game in the first we're outshot like 15-3
-we have won 3 of our last 14 games
-we completely pissed away an 8 point lead in the wildcard standings

I'm so done with this loser of a coach. Why does he refuse to criticize the team? I honestly don't understand how this is a professional hockey league coach saying these things. He's delusional with his comments, and is too scared to hurt feelings. Lalonde would be a hell of a kindergarten teacher. He should consider opening up a daycare, I would absolutely trust this man with kids, he'd be amazing at it. But coaching testosterone-filled grown men isn't working for him.

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
:wings4

1711811488521.jpeg

Hope dies last! We may never lose again.

Reactions: lilidk

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"In the Superhero roleplaying game Champions, the catch phrase when building your character is "points is points!". Whether you spend 20 points on a force beam, a goat-throwing catapult, or a power to vibrate something at supersonic speeds for 2 seconds, it will have the same in-game benefit because it costs the same amount of points to buy. As the current NHL season rounds the last turn today in Florida into the final straightaway, we could say the same thing - "points is points", and this afternoon versus the Panthers there are two points available for the Red Wings and the only question is whether they can remember their origin story, put on their spangly costumes, and grab those points for themselves."

- Plausible Keats

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Going to go ultra positive today and say a 5-3 Detroit win, Larkin with an empty netter.

Other teams have done us favors to keep us hanging around but it's basically time to win now, the runway is near the end. Regardless it's fun to see Ed up and being a positive impact. I would have been thrilled in pre season if this was our position, time to tour that sour taste a little sweeter.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
"This isn't throw tables, bang water bottles (time)," Lalonde said. "It's keep pointing things out. There are positives in our game and we just have to keep finding those positives, build off that, even a little bit more, and try to get some results." -Derek Lalonde

What a loser this guy is. He brings a losing mentality and refuses to hold anyone accountable. He coaches like he's coaching Atom house-league hockey.

Positives lol, which ones?

-every single game in the first we're outshot like 15-3
-we have won 3 of our last 14 games
-we completely pissed away an 8 point lead in the wildcard standings

I'm so done with this loser of a coach. Why does he refuse to criticize the team? I honestly don't understand how this is a professional hockey league coach saying these things. He's delusional with his comments, and is too scared to hurt feelings. Lalonde would be a hell of a kindergarten teacher. He should consider opening up a daycare, I would absolutely trust this man with kids, he'd be amazing at it. But coaching testosterone-filled grown men isn't working for him.
I agree he is pathetic. He has a huge loser mentality.

Reactions: 14ari13

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
My only hope is, that for some reason, the early start gets the Panthers on the wrong foot. Other than that, I don't see anything else than a blowout loss for us..

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That's interesting , Sprong with Larkin and Raymond, hope it is working. I don't care about score , just show you could play against strong teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad