GDT: Game # 74 - New York Rangers vs Columbus Blue Jackets - 7pm EST , MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
When we got swept? Yeah home ice would have been huge.
When we faltered at the end of the year, entered the playoffs inexperienced and a little demoralized, and got swept, yeah.

I don't want home ice for 2006. I want it for this year.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When we faltered at the end of the year, entered the playoffs inexperienced and a little demoralized, and got swept, yeah.

I don't want home ice for 2006. I want it for this year.
This is a completely different scenario.

We entered the playoffs inexperienced last year and tbh, probably should have lost in a short series.

We were able to steal some experience and I have full confidence in the team's mentality.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
This is a completely different scenario.

We entered the playoffs inexperienced last year and tbh, probably should have lost in a short series.

We were able to steal some experience and I have full confidence in the team's mentality.
The Devils are the 2006 Rangers in this analogy.

Reactions: lilphildub

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Tough analogy.

That was a deeply flawed NYR roster and, while being in the post lockout era, a very different time for hockey.

We are getting to the point where 2006 hockey looks as foreign to 2023 hockey as 1990 hockey does to 2006. Rule changes nonwithstanding.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Tough analogy.

That was a deeply flawed NYR roster and, while being in the post lockout era, a very different time for hockey.

We are getting to the point where 2006 hockey looks as foreign to 2023 hockey as 1990 hockey does to 2006. Rule changes nonwithstanding.
I think there's a psychological element to having something and feeling it slip through your fingers.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
People don't understand how hard it is to make up ground in the NHL. I have said this before but there is a reason that 78% of teams in playoff position on Thanksgiving make it in. The top 6 in the east have been set for months and none of the potential WC teams could catch the Pens and Piles it seems. We are not catching Carolina. We have a chance at catching the Devils but must beat them Thursday.
You’re right, I have no idea.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
People don't understand how hard it is to make up ground in the NHL. I have said this before but there is a reason that 78% of teams in playoff position on Thanksgiving make it in. The top 6 in the east have been set for months and none of the potential WC teams could catch the Pens and Piles it seems. We are not catching Carolina. We have a chance at catching the Devils but must beat them Thursday.
Yep. Doubly so since the implementation of the loser point. What percent of games reach OT? A significant percent. Even when teams lose, they usually gain a point in the process.

Reactions: Greg02

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Halak or Igor tonight? I'd assume the latter given Halak started last game, but this is an easy matchup and I expect Igor against the Devils on Thursday

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You’re right, I have no idea.
I'm not saying that but it's going to be nearly impossible to catch the Canes when you look at the numbers. If the Canes went 5-5 in their remaining 10 games, which is highly unlikely for a team that has a .715 winning % this year, the Rangers would have to go 9-0-0 to beat them. We know this is not happening. I'm OK finishing 2nd or 3rd. It's not going to matter much as long as they are playing well and stay healthy.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Halak or Igor tonight? I'd assume the latter given Halak started last game, but this is an easy matchup and I expect Igor against the Devils on Thursday

Igor tonight and at NJ.

Halak against Buffalo the night after.

The schedule makers are f***ing assholes. They've LOADED the Rangers schedule with b2b's, 3 in 4 and 4 in 6 in the second half. I don't think the Rangers play a single game the rest of the way as the more rested team.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Yep. Doubly so since the implementation of the loser point. What percent of games reach OT? A significant percent. Even when teams lose, they usually gain a point in the process.
Yup, loser points make it difficult to gain or lose a lot of ground. Last year the top 8 in the east were set in December. This year the top 6 have been set for months and the 2 WC's haven't seen much movement either. It will probably be the Piles and Pens as much as I hate to see that.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Igor tonight and at NJ.

The schedule makers are f***ing assholes. They've LOADED the Rangers schedule with b2b's, 3 in 4 and 4 in 6 in the second half. I don't think the Rangers play a single game the rest of the way as the more rested team.
Yup, it's been total dog shit. Tonight starts another 4 in 6 including a B2B with travel. I hate the NHL.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Igor tonight and at NJ.

We could have easily avoided all this by cutting down on some of the 69 day breaks towards the middle of the year.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I
I'm not saying that but it's going to be nearly impossible to catch the Canes when you look at the numbers. If the Canes went 5-5 in their remaining 10 games, which is highly unlikely for a team that has a .715 winning % this year, the Rangers would have to go 9-0-0 to beat them. We know this is not happening. I'm OK finishing 2nd or 3rd. It's not going to matter much as long as they are playing well and stay healthy.
I get, but what’s their record in their last five since they lost Svechnikov? Just look at the Debbie’s recent slide. I’m not saying it’s probable, just possible.

I definitely agree with the last part.

Yup, it's been total dog shit. Tonight starts another 4 in 6 including a B2B with travel. I hate the NHL.
I like this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad