Post-Game Talk: GAME 73 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 3

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
That's what I keep hearing except that regular season games are used to back up the idea that the Bruins are going to get crushed in the playoffs. How can that be?

They don't mean shit the other way either. Though it's not a good sign if the Bruins lose against a team playing a playoff-like game; tight checking, physical, heavy forecheck, clogging up the zone, smothering defence, etc. Not saying they are losing those types of games, but that is a better indicator than "They swept them in the regular season!"

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They don't mean shit the other way either. Though it's not a good sign if the Bruins lose against a team playing a playoff-like game; tight checking, physical, heavy forecheck, clogging up the zone, smothering defence, etc. Not saying they are losing those types of games, but that is a better indicator than "They swept them in the regular season!"

Well they've beat Florida three times while the Panthers play that style, so is that an indicator that the Bruins can handle it? If it isn't, then I don't get how people can predict the Bruins are going to get killed based on style theories and paper rosters, because that's pretty much what it is at this point.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I’m more a guy in these after whistle scrums. Can’t let Bennett do that to Hampus. Or go start a scrum infront of Floridas net and grab the softest guy on the ice, pull his helmet off and hold him on the ice.

Or Hathaway the other game, guy had free shots after every whistle. Swayman may be the toughest guy/mixer upper on the team right now lol.

Just seems there’s very little repercussions for anything. Not saying start every game with a line brawl
No doubt we could be more engaged. My criticism is the posters who say we are soft everywhere.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Well they've beat Florida three times while the Panthers play that style, so is that an indicator that the Bruins can handle it? If it isn't, then I don't get how people can predict the Bruins are going to get killed based on style theories and paper rosters, because that's pretty much what it is at this point.

I personally don't predict anything, so I can't speak to others. But yeah, the games against the Panthers this year do show they can play against that style. When it ramps up 10 fold in the playoffs remains to be seen.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I personally don't predict anything, so I can't speak to others. But yeah, the games against the Panthers this year do show they can play against that style. When it ramps up 10 fold in the playoffs remains to be seen.

I don't predict either as there is too much that can happen in any given game or series. What the regular season has shown me is that the Bruins are a good team that can beat anyone in the league over a 7 game series. That doesn't mean they will, but they can and it is not far-fetched to assert that. I guess I just don't get all the negative talk from a certain segment of the fanbase here who are relentless in tearing the team down and writing them off based on certain examples from the regular season.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
That's what I keep hearing except that regular season games are used to back up the idea that the Bruins are going to get crushed in the playoffs. How can that be?
And last year the regular season had many of us, me included, planning a day in Boston to watch a parade in June.

I agree with the OP who said the regular season doesn't mean crap, aside from getting into the playoffs, of course.

IMHO it has nothing to do with regular season wins and losses, it has to do with the makeup of the team and how the team looks.

Last night they pulled out a win and it was a great, entertaining game, but that's not how the Bruins usually play.

Again, just my opinion, but Florida is often much better at that type of game than Boston. If they play 7 games like that against Florida, I'm afraid the B's will lose at least 4 of them.

I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
And last year the regular season had many of us, me included, planning a day in Boston to watch a parade in June.

I agree with the OP who said the regular season doesn't mean crap, aside from getting into the playoffs, of course.

IMHO it has nothing to do with regular season wins and losses, it has to do with the makeup of the team and how the team looks.

Last night they pulled out a win and it was a great, entertaining game, but that's not how the Bruins usually play.

Again, just my opinion, but Florida is often much better at that type of game than Boston. If they play 7 games like that against Florida, I'm afraid the B's will lose at least 4 of them.

I hope I'm wrong.

Add to that matchups- the W and L I agree mean most to getting into the playoffs, but it isn't completely meaningless. They've beaten Florida 3 out of 3 times this season dealing with the style that on paper should destroy the Bruins. Truth is, they lost the series last Spring in 7- they did not get destroyed and really should have won it. So yeah, 3 in 3 means to me the Bruins can beat this team and no one of us knows how it will play out in the post-season if they meet. I am not predicting the Bruins would win, though. Last spring shattered me in that regard too lol. I just know they can, and cheer for them to do so. I don't see any real point in just dooming and glooming my way through a season.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Add to that matchups- the W and L I agree mean most to getting into the playoffs, but it isn't completely meaningless. They've beaten Florida 3 out of 3 times this season dealing with the style that on paper should destroy the Bruins. Truth is, they lost the series last Spring in 7- they did not get destroyed and really should have won it. So yeah, 3 in 3 means to me the Bruins can beat this team and no one of us knows how it will play out in the post-season if they meet. I am not predicting the Bruins would win, though. Last spring shattered me in that regard too lol. I just know they can, and cheer for them to do so. I don't see any real point in just dooming and glooming my way through a season.
:clap:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

"David Pasrnak — known only for his one-dimensional goal-scoring and not elevating his linemates" said nobody, ever. Hell, there's a running theme amongst Leaf fans (who also don't know squat) that Bergeron and Marchand only broke out because of Pasta.

And learn to spell Pastrnak.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

My biggest worry is the toll playing them 4-7 times in an 8-14 day span might take on them physically.

This is obviously a concern against many teams, but Florida is just dirtier and has more guys who hit to hurt than most teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad