GDT: Game 73: Red Wings at canes 7:30 pm et 3/28/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Reimbow kept us in. Good period for him at least.

I know a lot of prople will disagree with this... but I honestly think he hasn't been tested, sure Carolina has gotten a lot of pucks to the net, but most of them without traffic and not much dangerous. Outside of a guentzel chance and the shift at the end of the period, he hasn't really Faced anything that should go in.

Eventhough it hasn't resulted in a shot, the few Times Detroit has gotten Close to the net, it has looked more dangerous than most of Carolinas chances.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I know a lot of prople will disagree with this... but I honestly think he hasn't been tested, sure Carolina has gotten a lot of pucks to the net, but most of them without traffic and not much dangerous. Outside of a guentzel chance and the shift at the end of the period, he hasn't really Faced anything that should go in.

Eventhough it hasn't resulted in a shot, the few Times Detroit has gotten Close to the net, it has looked more dangerous than most of Carolinas chances.
I don't disagree with you, but at least he didn't give a weak goal, which is already a good start imo.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021

I don't entirely disagree... Lots of nothing shots that were just kind of chipping it at the net for the Canes.
Of course if we keep going like this it will bite us in the ^ss soon enough.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Getting outshot 15-3
Stevie Wonder Ray Charles saw that one coming. And Ray Charles is dead. Lol

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The lack of creative breakouts this team has is nothing short of disturbing.

There is no surprise that they are not winning more games right now. Chasing the puck all night is pretty taxing.

It's odd because I think one of the big improvements the last two seasons has been on zone breakouts, but that seems to have gone away the last couple months. Now it's a lot of lobs to center ice or high and hard off the glass.

I don't know if it's because teams have figured out the Wings struggle against the forecheck and Detroit doesn't have the talent level to exploit an aggressive forecheck?

Reactions: RRhoads

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
The lack of creative breakouts this team has is nothing short of disturbing.

There is no surprise that they are not winning more games right now. Chasing the puck all night is pretty taxing.
I agree. Half the time they have a lot of time to make a play and they just throw it away right back to them

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Were not losing... But the isles and caps are..

Maybe hope does exist

aLgwPjM_700b.jpg

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I don't know why people rip on the guy. He's a decent backup. I mean he was on Carolina with Mrazek and they were still a decent teak then.
I said it before, and I'll say it again - it's the defense, stupid. The goalie is one piece of that (albeit a big one).

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Wings have still never been scored on during a Perron penalty. Incredible stat.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
-"We had a few good looks in the first period and Reimer had some saves. Overall, it was a good period for us. " Lalonde after the game.
"Well if you look back to our winning streak, there was no way we were going to sustain that, nobody had us in the playoff chase at the beginning of the year so this is right where we should be"

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad