GDT: Game 73 | Columbus at Boston | 3/19 7PM -- mod warning post #465

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Just finished watching the game (I work nights) and man, what the f*** went on in this thread tonight? Bruins fans crying about Marchand only getting a penalty on one of his five dives?

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
I was on the fence with this game on one hand... Who likes Boston other than their fans? .. The other hand... Standings... But good on you guys winning. You're playing really hard recently. You would beat the caps in my opinion..

Reactions: DJAnimosity

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Also , is this Murray love because he got a shot on net , or did I miss something that period ?

Well I didn't watch the game, but if this post was made after the "Milano" goal, I think its safe to say that I might literally be watching a "different" game that some people here. Crazy that not very much was said about the pass. I guess if you don't see it you cant compliment it though.

Carry on. So far, just the usual "doubters" that have been wrong the vast majority of the year. Just another GDT lacking confidence and giving up halfway though the game. Getting boring.

Reactions: Samkow

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
WTF 24 pages?

I rag on Korpi alot, and it's deserved, but he absolutely held the team in the game tonight. He gave up 4, and some were iffy, but he stood tall when it mattered and won the game for us. Especially after they tied it at 4. Good on him. Now, can that please be his last start? At least until the playoffs are clinched/lost and seeding is settled?

Didn't play well, but that's a gritty win that they wouldn't have gotten two months ago. Good on them. The offense is popping. Hopefully a better showing and another win tomorrow.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Just another GDT lacking confidence and giving up halfway though the game. Getting boring.

Boring is probably not a strong enough word. However, I did my best to counter cbjwennberg and Mfrown +. These were posted during 2nd intermission when doom and gloom was consuming the board:

Playing in Boston is tough, but right in it. Stay out of penalty box and we’ll get the tying goal.

Playoff odds likely go up to 90.8 % with a win

[

Reactions: Jackets Fan
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Our 4th line is a dumpster fire right now. Should we blame it all on dubinsky? He’s fallen off a cliff and is dragging Letestu and Calvert along with him. Those guys are circling the drain too.

I think there's a chance Dubinsky is suffering side effects of his injury in the Kassian fight. There's no question besides breaking his orbital bone, he was seriously concussed. Who knows what it may have done to him? I wonder if there are both physical and emotional problems caused by this.

When I think of all of people who ended up taking their lives after brain injuries...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
On cloud 9 that this team seems to be peaking at just the right time.

**fingers still crossed** ;)

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Actually Rick Nash was out tonight with an UBI, also out Bergeron, Chara, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Backes, Bjork. That’s seven regulars, great showing by the Bruins all things considered.

Also shut down defenseman McQuaid got injured and didn't play the 3rd. Great comeback by CBJ but 8 Bruin starters out which is insane.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Actually Rick Nash was out tonight with an UBI, also out Bergeron, Chara, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Backes, Bjork. That’s seven regulars, great showing by the Bruins all things considered.

Also shut down defenseman McQuaid got injured and didn't play the 3rd. Great comeback by CBJ but 8 Bruin starters out which is insane.

And Boston fans still on here making excuses.....

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
That goal by Panarin goes right along with the one (forget the opponent) where he stepped out of the box, intercepted a pass went down and scored a goal. Such badass goals.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
And Boston fans still on here making excuses.....

Is there something that I'm missing here? I mean, are Moral Victories one of the tiebreakers for playoff seedings? Otherwise I don't see the point of their dwelling on how many players they had out - it happens to every team at one point or another during the course of a season.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
That goal by Panarin goes right along with the one (forget the opponent) where he stepped out of the box, intercepted a pass went down and scored a goal. Such badass goals.
Flyers. The only goal we scored that game.

Reactions: db2011

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
haha as soon as Marchand felt something hit him he threw his body, cant imagine why he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

For those that want to enjoy it again.....I know I did.

Watching that pass from Murray to Milano....a thing of beauty, just unreal vision.
And Panarin's goal illustrates why his hands are one of the finest in CBJ history.

Panarin is indeed amazing. There are some games where things just aren't clicking for him offensively, yet in the next minute he's netting a big goal (a la last nights FO snipe) or making a huge defensive play (the takeaway that set up the OT goal). He is truly a difference maker - just like we had hoped!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think there's a chance Dubinsky is suffering side effects of his injury in the Kassian fight. There's no question besides breaking his orbital bone, he was seriously concussed. Who knows what it may have done to him? I wonder if there are both physical and emotional problems caused by this.

When I think of all of people who ended up taking their lives after brain injuries...
I feel the exact same way, some players are never the same after getting lit up, they become timid, won't go to the same areas of the ice or just aren't willing to give the body up to make a play.

Now imagine having to have surgery around your eye and everyone telling you that you may not recover fully and then even if you do one wrong hit and you still could lose your vision.

I don't care who you are, you're not gonna be able to play the same with those thoughts rattling around in your head.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad